Match Thread: Watford v Villa

limpid

Just now, macandally said:

Wow talk about toddler tantrums, the proper fans must be at the game.

They are not “bossing possession”, they are sitting deep and hitting us on the counter with pace down the flanks.

We need to work out ways to break this down as teams will play this against us.

Now put your dummies back in, nobody is shit and nobody is getting sacked tonight

You must not be watching the game?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NeilS said:

We do appear to have a soft underbelly. Sometimes you need to win the physical battle on the park. 

Being saying it to my detriment....but they are not laughing now.

Its been an issue for sometime.....But I fear, Dean doesn't share my view.

I'm not watching the game, I don't feel,I really have too.....This approach to midfield sums it up for me.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Wind my neck in 🤣 he's fallen over twice - that's literally been his contribution to this game. 

I have mentioned Targett multiple times as well. So get yourself to Specsavers and think/read before you type.

Maybe you should watch the game. Evidently you're the one in need of Specsavers.

6 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

He changed Buendia to the right, young in the middle and AEG on the left. 

The change required was to drop someone back on the left to double up on Sar / support Targett. Young being the obvious option. 

Smith pushes AEG out to the left... FFS that did not address the problem 

Just now, macandally said:

Wow talk about toddler tantrums, the proper fans must be at the game.

They are not “bossing possession”, they are sitting deep and hitting us on the counter with pace down the flanks.

We need to work out ways to break this down as teams will play this against us.

Now put your dummies back in, nobody is shit and nobody is getting sacked tonight

As a “proper fan”, I’m assuming you’ve popped this on the thread direct from Vicarage Road?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

But that’s the problem, we’ve spent 90 mil to replace one player and not invested at all elsewhere in the team

Always said, Smith is too focused on attacking intent, it's the midfield we have always worried about.

We’ve had one period of fluid looking football on 38 minutes, the rest has been so disjointed and infuriating. 

Targett is having a mare, needs to come off for everyone’s sake

Sadly, on that showing, not sure we have 3 goals in us - not sure we have 1!!

Need to go 433, Bailey and Buendia either side of Ings

4 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Has to make changes at half time but knowing Smith he’ll leave it till 75min

I wondered how long into the season it would take. 45mins is impressive though 

It's only 45 minutes but is playing Buendia at No 10 in the first game, away from home quite gung ho?

Start Ramsey, keep Buendia right and AEG left. I didn't think we signed Young to play him on the wing.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

How many times has folk on here shown a concern about this.

If we had Sarr playing for us, the opposition would find a way of stopping him.

Loads , it's an obvious weakness but playing two in the middle is exposing them even more , play 3 and stop them playing , we have the forwards on there  who can create 

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Doucoure (or Anguissa) and Ward-Prowse need to be brought in to sort the midfield out.

Really not sure that would make a difference today, it’s all down their RHS on the break, we are just poor and rusty, no one knows where anyone is, there’s no space, no running because there is no space.

We'll be fine, away to newly promoted team when fans come back is a big advantage. We've a shambles central midified which will be resolved this window by JWP signing.

It's just the first game. Draw or loss is only a point difference