Match Thread: Watford v Villa

limpid

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

If it were Citeh or Chelsea I could understand that sentiment, but it's **** Watford. If we can't get at least a point off the likes of these we are going to be right in the shit.

We're obviously right off the boil, blame that on the preseason, new players, jack going whatever you like. If you think that 45 minute performance is our level then you're wrong IMHO, we might still come out and start to click int he second half. Really no need to shit the bed even we lose 4 here.

Deano has f'ed up the team selection. Young last played left wing competitively about 8 seasons ago. El-Ghazi is always crap on the right. I don’t think is was wise to bring in a 36 year old and expect him to be the player he used to be.

Targett is a decent player, but as I said all summer he is limited, he lacks pace and agility! I wanted a pacy fullback we haven't got one. 

McGinn and Nakamba, both make mixed decisions when it comes to passing, not a good combination if you want ball retention.

All in all Shite!

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I like him but knowing how serious NSWE are about pushing on they won’t take much of this from Smith.

Careful now, you will get jumped on for making a statement like that!

Emi on the right

Chuk on for el ghazi

Cash has been terrible, I mean truly terrible, target at least has an excuse of being slower than sarr and getting out paced.

Mcginn is not good where he is and needs to be further up field 

Pretty poor to watch so far, no proper passages of play, either huge pass 40 yards hoping to get something or go down the line and do a Taylor and pass it back.

Several times the ball could be played inside to an unmarked player but no, pass it all the way back.

Just spend the 90 mill it will take to get JWP and bissouma or continue to struggle

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Being saying it to my detriment....but they are not laughing now.

Its been an issue for sometime.....But I fear, Dean doesn't share my view.

I'm not watching the game, I don't feel,I really have too.....This approach to midfield sums it up for me.

Yeahat times I've noticed Smith would rather be to passive in terms of pressing and intercepting and give away the whole pitch to opposition and try stop them in there tracks near our box. For me it makes no bloody sense to do that and give the opposition somuch area to operate and move. Deans one biggest cock up is his approach to giving the opposition to much respect.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I like him but knowing how serious NSWE are about pushing on they won’t take much of this from Smith.

Are they serious though? Lots of talk this summer but they are hardly pumping the cash in at the moment. 

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

You’ll be in for a surprise.

Fair play. I’m certainly not disappointed. 100% needed. Let’s see how this works. COME ON VILLA.