Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

How on earth were Everton getting away with a £12.5m a year deal for definitely-not-real- owner Alisher Usmanov's USM to sponsor their own training ground - USM Finch Farm?

That's pretty much the same amount of income we make each season from the total of our season ticket sales.

Liverpool get £20m a season, but that also includes sponsorship of their training kits - Utd get £22.5m a year which also includes training kits - Everton's deal is completely out of place - Southampton make just under a million a year for their Crypto training ground and training kit sponsorship.

It's absurd that Everton have been essentially having their "real" owner plowing money into the club through the back door and even more ridiculous that they've somehow managed to throw all of that money away and a bucketload more besides.

Anyways, I'm all for the "Adidas Performance Centre; Bodymoor Heath" if they've got £10m a year hanging around doing nothing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

How on earth were Everton getting away with a £12.5m a year deal for definitely-not-real- owner Alisher Usmanov's USM to sponsor their own training ground - USM Finch Farm?

Doesn’t matter really though as now they've set the  precedent and we you could argue we are worth maybe a bit more.

+ Add Vegas long term (hopefully) we will have  increased cross sponsorship opportunities and we’ll grow exponentially.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Doesn’t matter really though as now they've set the  precedent and we you could argue we are worth maybe a bit more.

Maybe if we were doing an "internal sponsorship" but their position was unique in that the sponsor was the de facto owner, although not the official owner. 

If Fortress did it, I wonder if we'd be open to sanction.

Everton did that sponsorship before we brought in the new rules when Newcastle were taken over. Now Premier League needs to approve these sponsorships deals with associated companies. Adidas would fall into that category as NS is largest shareholder of that company. 

22 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i know many may be against it, but how do you all feel about Stadium naming rights?

It would always be Villa Park to me, and i see why ppl wouldnt like it, but....i also kinda think that if it would help us progress, maybe it is something we should consider?

Some reports imply that a "good" Stadium naming rights agreement, is probably the third biggest funding income stream for teams that choose to do it, so if the right deal could be found, it could help our finances a bit?

Apparently Everton get 12 million for the training ground sponsorship

I see its already been mentioned. Oops

Edited by Zatman

New regulations taking over for FFP all but ensure that even if we get into Europe our squad will be picked clean soon after. The revenue of the Top 6 clubs is so far past us they can spend 2-3x as much each year. Barring a massive Grealish like sell every 3 years I don't see how we can compete. The drawbridge is all but up at this point. 

Edited by Rightdm00
Small typo fix
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Aston Villa and Fanatics, a leading provider of licensed sports merchandise and global digital sports platform, have today announced a long-term extension to their e-commerce, retail and manufacturing deal, with the club taking advantage of Fanatics’ global footprint and state of the art technology to better serve its fans.

AVFC

1 minute ago, useless said:

Aston Villa and Fanatics, a leading provider of licensed sports merchandise and global digital sports platform, have today announced a long-term extension to their e-commerce, retail and manufacturing deal, with the club taking advantage of Fanatics’ global footprint and state of the art technology to better serve its fans.

AVFC

A partnership that very much pits margins against customer experience.

On 01/04/2022 at 10:13, MaVilla said:

i know many may be against it, but how do you all feel about Stadium naming rights?

It would always be Villa Park to me, and i see why ppl wouldnt like it, but....i also kinda think that if it would help us progress, maybe it is something we should consider?

Some reports imply that a "good" Stadium naming rights agreement, is probably the third biggest funding income stream for teams that choose to do it, so if the right deal could be found, it could help our finances a bit?

Somebody mentioned Usmanov sponsoring Everton's training ground, and then Fortress was mentioned as a sponsorship possibility .... I'd love it if Wes was able to give us millions in return for naming "Fortress Villa Park" after his investment company. It has a great vibe!

Using fanatics in this way surely has the effect of decreasing our commercial revenue overall? Are they only making a profit on the deal because of their ability to work at a much larger scale than we could? Or are the margins so rubbish its not worth our hassle?

10 hours ago, useless said:

AVFC

FFS

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Didn't somebody suggest in the kit thread that Fanatics actually designed the promotion jersey 

Was people angry at Luke in there for lying

They did, Luke just had marketing.

• Like 1

Â