Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

The fact that our last deal with Cazoo was terrible in the grand scheme of things. We were getting more for our shirt sponsorship in the days of FX Pro and Genting.     

As a mid-table team, you’d have hoped that  Purslow could sell our sponsorship to maybe half the level of Spurs?

Or at least a record deal compared to 7-10 years ago. Even just Genting money plus 10 years of inflation.

OK I see what you are saying.

Personally I don't see any reason for a massively increased shirt sponsor deal - Im sure if there was one to be had the club would take it

Looking at it, when we originally signed up with Cazoo it was on a multi-year deal - this statement wasn't about a new deal I think it was just confirmation that they weren't dropping us like an Everton shaped hot rock. Whether that means that the numbers are exactly the same as last year I don't know.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looking at it, when we originally signed up with Cazoo it was on a multi-year deal - this statement wasn't about a new deal I think it was just confirmation that they weren't dropping us like an Everton shaped hot rock. Whether that means that the numbers are exactly the same as last year I don't know.

Yes, I've been trying to fi d the exact period. Most have just said multi year but I did see one mentioning 3 years. 

Maybe it is just continuation and them confirming as you say because they've dropped Everton they're staying with us. 

It's a shame because I'm certain we could command a much higher figure if we were negotiating now. Maybe the payments change depending on league position. 

• Like 1

On 13/03/2022 at 20:39, OutByEaster? said:

True - but Everton’s statement also said that too. So either it was a 2 year deal, which hasn’t been renewed or a multi-year one with a break clause. We’ll see!

Just reading an article that states spurs offers x19 ticket price points … That where the focus will be in terms of stadia expansion. GA seats will be a secondary concern imo. A huge mountain to climb until we bridge that financial chasm between us and the sky 6 

13 hours ago, thabucks said:

Just reading an article that states spurs offers x19 ticket price points … That where the focus will be in terms of stadia expansion. GA seats will be a secondary concern imo. A huge mountain to climb until we bridge that financial chasm between us and the sky 6 

Basically we’re not trendy and not in London. We’ve upped our profile with SG and PH which has helped a lot, but to really make strides we have to do it on the pitch. Firmly establishing ourselves as a modern progressive club makes us more attractive to sponsors. The way the club is run now is a huge stride forward from what we have endured from almost all of our lifetimes. It’s important that we keep up the momentum, add European football asap and of course silverware would be a massive help in so many ways. NSWE know this,  their mantra of constant progression, leaves us in little doubt of their ambition. 

P.S. I also think that a big shiny new ground development helps with the profile and will quite possibly lead to ground sponsorship at least in part. We can’t ignore this potential income source forever. The place will always be Villa Park and we’ll always be Holte Enders. 

Edited by DaveAV1

On 19/03/2022 at 09:08, blandy said:

And they're like It's better than yours, Damn right, It's better than yours, I can teach you, but I have to charge…

@mjmooney is going to be in all sorts of trouble with this post. 

Citeh now top of the Deloitte rich list with annual revenues of £571.1 million- that’s over x3 ours of £182.383mill… We have  such a long difficult road ahead to even make a dent let alone catch them … 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Citeh now top of the Deloitte rich list with annual revenues of £571.1 million …. 😳 such a long road ahead to even make a dent let alone catch them … 

You know that is inflated no way they make more than their neighbours!  Yes prize money helps but loads less fans to milk.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thabucks said:

Citeh now top of the Deloitte rich list with annual revenues of £571.1 million- that’s over x3 ours of £182.383mill… We have  such a long difficult road ahead to even make a dent let alone catch them … 

We’re back in the top 20 though after a 10 year absence. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

We’re back in the top 20 though after a 10 year absence. 

Yes very encouraging I’d like to see us in the top 15 in the next few seasons it means adding £40-£50m which with another premier league season is do-able.

Getting the next gaggle of clubs above that means increasing our revenue to around £350m which might be difficult.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i know many may be against it, but how do you all feel about Stadium naming rights?

It would always be Villa Park to me, and i see why ppl wouldnt like it, but....i also kinda think that if it would help us progress, maybe it is something we should consider?

Some reports imply that a "good" Stadium naming rights agreement, is probably the third biggest funding income stream for teams that choose to do it, so if the right deal could be found, it could help our finances a bit?

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i know many may be against it, but how do you all feel about Stadium naming rights?

It would always be Villa Park to me, and i see why ppl wouldnt like it, but....i also kinda think that if it would help us progress, maybe it is something we should consider?

Some reports imply that a "good" Stadium naming rights agreement, is probably the third biggest funding income stream for teams that choose to do it, so if the right deal could be found, it could help our finances a bit?

I’m not in favour of it but I’m hoping when they inevitably do it it’s called the sponsors name followed by Villa park so like “Cazoo Villa Park” or “Carlsberg Villa Park” because otherwise slowly over time “Villa Park”will be lost in memories and eventually gone for good just like Witton Lane Stand is now Doug Ellis Stand…apart from a few hardliners and oldies like us that name has mostly gone apart from speaking about old times and old photographs, even I notice occasionally in general conversation I refer to it as the Doug Ellis stand.  Once you take Villa Park from the official name it’s only time before it disappears as commonly referred to so I’d like to keep the Villa Park as part of the name.

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Don't think there are any companies that would be interested to be honest. When you've got a stadium as iconic as Villa Park, it's never, ever going to be referred to by any other name by supporters. The actual value of naming rights would be massively hamstrung by the legacy of the name. It's different when you have a new stadium and the naming rights are attached on launch, but even then the main value is only there for the initial sponsors. How many people still call Bolton's stadium the Reebok, for example? Arsenals will be known as the Emirates for years and years after that deal expires, as another example - same for the Etihad.

7 minutes ago, og1874 said:

Don't think there are any companies that would be interested to be honest. When you've got a stadium as iconic as Villa Park, it's never, ever going to be referred to by any other name by supporters. The actual value of naming rights would be massively hamstrung by the legacy of the name. It's different when you have a new stadium and the naming rights are attached on launch, but even then the main value is only there for the initial sponsors. How many people still call Bolton's stadium the Reebok, for example? Arsenals will be known as the Emirates for years and years after that deal expires, as another example - same for the Etihad.

What you say is logical but some companies don’t seem to understand this. Spotify pay 180 million euro to rename Camp Nou, maybe the most iconic of stadium names, to Spotify Camp Nou for 12 years.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

What you say is logical but some companies don’t seem to understand this. Spotify pay 180 million euro to rename Camp Nou, maybe the most iconic of stadium names, to Spotify Camp Nou for 12 years.

It was wrapped into a shirt sponsorship deal though, and there was probably "no negotiation" on the full package from Barca's standpoint. Pay the fee or don't get on the shirt. Being on the front of Barca's jersey means massive brand visibility. 

We're not in the same tier, so we can't really pull the same thing. We basically have to take what we can get in terms of shirt sponsorship, and we're in no position to strong arm a "package" to bump the price.

42 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Don’t care what the stadium is called. Get the money in to get better players to get into Europe. That is key for our future.

Â