Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Very, very disappointed to see us jump into bed with a very dubious sounding betting company as our European partner. 

Yup. Toxic money. Such a shame the game is forcing clubs to go down this route to compete. Game's gone and all that ...

One thing I hadn’t really considered until now is whether the men’s and women’s revenue is kept entirely separate?

I don’t like the idea of revenue from the men’s game going towards the women’s as I have absolutely zero interest in it. 

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

One thing I hadn’t really considered until now is whether the men’s and women’s revenue is kept entirely separate?

I don’t like the idea of revenue from the men’s game going towards the women’s as I have absolutely zero interest in it. 

Well let’s let the club know and defund the womens team then. Only solution. 

22 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

More seriously though, no, I don't think so, they're part of the same organisation, with the same sponsors

31 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yes it kind of is because whatever is spent on the women's team doesn't count towards FFP.  You can kind of look at it as 2 large areas of income and spending:

1 - Everything which falls under FFP - TV money, commercial revenue, wages, transfers, operating costs of men's game.

2 - Men's game stuff which doesn't fall under FFP - club academy, stadium expansion, etc. plus the women's game. 

Of course under those two headline areas each individual department will have their own budget. Women's game will have its own budget and this isn't affected by or affects the men's game.

Edited by ender4

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I’d imagine that there is a portion of the revenue created going to the men’s team going to the women’s “to get them started” so to speak with a view to them becoming fully self-sustainable in the future. The signing of Daley, for example - I don’t think that happens without revenue that the men’s team has generated. It will however help the women’s team become more self-sustainable. 

Â