Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

11 hours ago, useless said:

Aston Villa and Fanatics, a leading provider of licensed sports merchandise and global digital sports platform, have today announced a long-term extension to their e-commerce, retail and manufacturing deal, with the club taking advantage of Fanatics’ global footprint and state of the art technology to better serve its fans.

AVFC

This sucks.

Luke kit aside. Their customer service is terrible, ridiculous delivery fees and the handling fee can suck my dick. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, jim said:

This sucks.

Luke kit aside. Their customer service is terrible, ridiculous delivery fees and the handling fee can suck my dick. 

oooh, I like the sound of that, do u get a BJ with every order? Modern thinking by the club

On 01/04/2022 at 14:41, OutByEaster? said:

How on earth were Everton getting away with a £12.5m a year deal for definitely-not-real- owner Alisher Usmanov's USM to sponsor their own training ground - USM Finch Farm?

That's pretty much the same amount of income we make each season from the total of our season ticket sales.

Liverpool get £20m a season, but that also includes sponsorship of their training kits - Utd get £22.5m a year which also includes training kits - Everton's deal is completely out of place - Southampton make just under a million a year for their Crypto training ground and training kit sponsorship.

It's absurd that Everton have been essentially having their "real" owner plowing money into the club through the back door and even more ridiculous that they've somehow managed to throw all of that money away and a bucketload more besides.

Anyways, I'm all for the "Adidas Performance Centre; Bodymoor Heath" if they've got £10m a year hanging around doing nothing.

I agree but I also remember that we sold Villa Park to ourselves, otherwise we would have failed FFP

• Like 2

Obviously the benefits of sticking with Fanatics over in-house drove this decision. This new deal must mean it’s the most profitable & sensible way forwards at present… One less rather large thing to worry about I suppose and trust them this is the right deal to make. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Fanatics doesn't seem to be ideal, but it does mean I can walk into Rebel Sport, the major sports retail chain in Australia, and buy a Villa kit. That hadn't happened since the Nike days before this deal. Maybe it really is increasing our reach.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Surely they must also have one eye on a much bigger club shop with the Villa Park redevelopment plans. The current one is not big enough  as it gets very cramped on match days.

Difficult one as I bet its virtually deserted for 13 days out of 14.

Some mixed use space that they can expand into on match days and leave for another use on non match days would be a clever idea.

22 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Some mixed use space that they can expand into on match days and leave for another use on non match days would be a clever idea.

They're going the other way - The new shop will be in the facility that they're talking about building at the back of the new North Stand on the car park and it will have retail and catering and event options that they'd like to be active for a whole lot more than one day in fourteen.

They're not looking for a shop they can do something different with on quiet days, they're looking at less quiet days.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Swiss Tony's theme(d) park

Personally I think we have range issues if we want to increase the club shop too, we don't have a huge amount of lines compared to say barca or utd who have their mega stores, strangely enough I went in the besiktas store about 5 years back, it's huge but they had circa 40 different types of baseball cap

We would need more training gear a lot more own brand stuff which I'm not even sure there's a market for it and then probably even generic castore products and Luke if we do a formal wear deal with them again

As a side to that only about 5 PL clubs have a deal with them but I'd love a new era partnership, Fulham had one, I'm not a huge cap wearer but I'd like one for emergencies and then want them to expand the woolly hat range too

Lets hope they get it right and the demand is there for both whatever events (kids parties, corporate days...?) they plan to run,  and for whatever stock they plan to keep on site.

They've shown they know what they're doing elsewhere so I'm sure they will

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Swiss Tony's theme(d) park

Personally I think we have range issues if we want to increase the club shop too, we don't have a huge amount of lines compared to say barca or utd who have their mega stores, strangely enough I went in the besiktas store about 5 years back, it's huge but they had circa 40 different types of baseball cap

As a side to that only about 5 PL clubs have a deal with them but I'd love a new era partnership, Fulham had one, I'm not a huge cap wearer but I'd like one for emergencies and then want them to expand the woolly hat range too

A baseball cap based on this years away strip would be mega . Maybe they already have one but....

MLS 10 year deal with Apple is showing the way Premier League will go. Streaming all games globally on their own platform. This is the great equaliser, it will mean something in the region of half a billion pounds in revenue for each team per season. With such a giant leap forward in revenues the league can reset prize money distribution, it'll remove the bonus payments that come for your side being televised more. Salary controls can then be put in place etc.. 

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

MLS 10 year deal with Apple is showing the way Premier League will go. Streaming all games globally on their own platform. This is the great equaliser, it will mean something in the region of half a billion pounds in revenue for each team per season. With such a giant leap forward in revenues the league can reset prize money distribution, it'll remove the bonus payments that come for your side being televised more. Salary controls can then be put in place etc.. 

Aren't there still restrictions in UK for televised games on Saturday at 3PM? Who would a hypothetical premier league streaming platform get around that?

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Aren't there still restrictions in UK for televised games on Saturday at 3PM? Who would a hypothetical premier league streaming platform get around that?

That can be overcome I'm sure though. It's out of date and the money the lower league clubs would get from Premier League in such a deal would mean they would all be on board

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Who owns the infrastructure? 

For all the market leading stuff and everything they do do well and all the money they make I still think the PL must regret not doing all this themselves years ago

And the 3pm rule is from the government I think, not even seen it discussed before, personally I don't beleive in it and if it did have such a negative impact on the lower and non leagues then the money should trickle down to reimburse them, would be a safer business for them anyway 

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Not a chance. What that sort of deal will mean is that the 'big 6' say that the deal is due to them and they want the majority share of those billions. The other 14 get virtually none of the extra money.

Or it will mean the end of the joint deal and each 'big' team will go and sign their own deal with streamers for billions and the other 14 get much less than they currently get.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Who owns the infrastructure? 

For all the market leading stuff and everything they do do well and all the money they make I still think the PL must regret not doing all this themselves years ago

And the 3pm rule is from the government I think, not even seen it discussed before, personally I don't beleive in it and if it did have such a negative impact on the lower and non leagues then the money should trickle down to reimburse them, would be a safer business for them anyway 

The govt is actually having discussions with the Premier League and the EFL on scrapping the 3pm blackout in return for more Premier League money going to the lower leagues.

• Like 1

Â