Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Just for reference from Deloitte if it's been a while since posted. Villa are just below the lowest on here. It is dramatic how matchday revenues offer so few opportunities to bring in new money. Commercial revs are obviously the pot of gold.

spacer.png

That depends. Spurs bring in £110 million per season from matchday revenue.   That’s like 50% of our total revenue for last season. 

• Thanks 1

It's also interesting to note that different clubs define 'matchday revenue' differently - with some including just ticket sales and others including their C&B and hospitality money, programmes and so on and (I think) some including merchandise sold on matchdays. It's not quite clear whether our matchdays revenues include just your ticket, with your pie and pint going on the commercial line.

8 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Just for reference from Deloitte if it's been a while since posted. Villa are just below the lowest on here. It is dramatic how matchday revenues offer so few opportunities to bring in new money. Commercial revs are obviously the pot of gold.

spacer.png

Interesting to see that Marseille and Frankfurt are both on this list. Neither clubs are ones that jump out at me as big revenue generators but clearly I’m wrong. Would be nice to know what drives that, I’m guessing European football 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

spacer.png

Just read through the link. Average matchday revenue across all 20 clubs is €93 million. 

In comparison we were at £16m last season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Just read through the link. Average matchday revenue across all 20 clubs is €93 million. 

In comparison we were at £16m last season.

The £16m thing doesn’t make sense to me and it must be calculated on a different basis

40,000 x £25 x 19 home games (ignoring cups) comes to £19m and we charge or charged much more than £25 on average for a ticket! 

23 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

40,000 x £25 x 19 home games (ignoring cups) comes to £19m and we charge or charged much more than £25 on average for a ticket! 

I’m not sure we did charge more than that on average once you take into account kids tickets and other concessions for U21 and Over 65’s.  

A north stand kids season ticket is around £8 a game isn’t it. 

Even buying individual tickets in the Trinity for a category A match is £13 for kids.  And there are loads of kids around me where I sit. 

Edited by ender4

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

I’m not sure we did charge more than that on average once you take into account kids tickets and other concessions for U21 and Over 65’s.  

A north stand kids season ticket is around £8 a game isn’t it. 

Even buying individual tickets in the Trinity for a category A match is £13 for kids.  And there are loads of kids around me where I sit. 

Those figures sound great value if that is what we're charging. Does sound very low though.

5 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Those figures sound great value if that is what we're charging. Does sound very low though.

I’ve got 2 kids and that is what we get charged for kids. It is really good value for kids. Trinity Cat B is £10.50 and Cat A £13 if you buy individual tickets like I do. Obviously cheaper per match if they have a season ticket. 

I guess they know that they will be future customers for life and also that an adult is coming with them and paying full price. 

I wonder if Heck will be looking at concession pricing so adults don’t increase by much but concessions increase by a higher percentage. 

• Like 1

What hits me about match day revenues — when looking at the data — is that they are important, relatively stable and smaller compared to commercial and broadcasting revs.

Yes, in absolute terms, especially at the big clubs, match day revenues are huge, but they’re still the smallest and seemingly less immediately less quickly expandable of streams compared with which commercial and broadcasting revs, I think? 

3 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Believe he works for Sawiris, was formerly his representative at the Luxembourgian V Sports companies pre-Atairos merger.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

How long until players don’t want to come here because we can’t offer the wages they want..

It’s going to be a disaster, transfer fees and wages will skyrocket. Clubs like Forest, Everton etc will be able to offer silly money with so much room in the spending cap.

• Confused 1

Just now, Alakagom said:

One thing these new salary caps and revenue/wages restrictions mean is that new stadium is almost a necessity to keep up with the big 6. Can't see any other way Villa can keep up. Which I'm sure they know it too given the recent appointments to the board seem to indicate as thus. 

1000 per cent. A new stadium or significant redevelopment of VP is a must.

About 5 pages worth of FFP rule changes chat moved to the PL FFP thread

Please stay on topic - this thread here is for increasing commercial revenue, not PL rule changes.

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

How long until players don’t want to come here because we can’t offer the wages they want..

Again, there’s no confirmation of this. The vote today allows for a cap. The League will present its finalised proposal for clubs to vote on at the June AGM. We don’t know what the terms will fall under yet. 

So you’d expect a hefty rise in season ticket prices now as they eek every penny towards keeping in line with UEFA’s cap … Not the clubs fault by they’ll need to squeeze every revenue stream in order to stay compliant. Loyal fans always seem to get hit the hardest. Maybe they could do a tiered system whereby new season ticket holders pay a percentage more than fans who’ve had one day for 8 years or more… 

On 27/04/2024 at 06:54, OutByEaster? said:

It's also interesting to note that different clubs define 'matchday revenue' differently - with some including just ticket sales and others including their C&B and hospitality money, programmes and so on and (I think) some including merchandise sold on matchdays. It's not quite clear whether our matchdays revenues include just your ticket, with your pie and pint going on the commercial line.

This is I am certain where we were falling behind clubs like Leeds. Absolutely no way they were ahead of us. 

Â