Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Not a chance. What that sort of deal will mean is that the 'big 6' say that the deal is due to them and they want the majority share of those billions. The other 14 get virtually none of the extra money.

Or it will mean the end of the joint deal and each 'big' team will go and sign their own deal with streamers for billions and the other 14 get much less than they currently get.

I'm assuming something like that would go to a vote between the PL clubs, and any decision needs a 2/3 majority, in other words they need a 14 club majority 🤣

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'm assuming something like that would go to a vote between the PL clubs, and any decision needs a 2/3 majority, in other words they need a 14 club majority 🤣

The big 6 already pushed through a redistribution of the overseas rights money a couple of years ago.  It was to benefit them and to the detriment of the other 14, yet it went through unopposed.

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

The govt is actually having discussions with the Premier League and the EFL on scrapping the 3pm blackout in return for more Premier League money going to the lower leagues.

Yeah I've seen that they're looking to scrap it as it's very outdated anyway. Extra revenue for PL and more revenue for lower leagues is right way to end it.

Just now, ender4 said:

The big 6 already pushed through a redistribution of the overseas rights money a couple of years ago.  It was to benefit them and to the detriment of the other 14, yet it went through unopposed.

IT's always been because of the unspoken threat of the Super League that the other 14 and UEFA have always conceded ground to the big clubs on stuff like this. Now they played the ESL card and failed miserably now it's time for the others to take more control off them. You see clubs like Villa and Newcastle with strong owners now taking on more responsibility and leadership

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

IT's always been because of the unspoken threat of the Super League that the other 14 and UEFA have always conceded ground to the big clubs on stuff like this. Now they played the ESL card and failed miserably now it's time for the others to take more control off them. You see clubs like Villa and Newcastle with strong owners now taking on more responsibility and leadership

Really ?

Can't say I'd noticed.

Wasn't there news last week that reserved places in the CL for big clubs was now going through ?

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah I've seen that they're looking to scrap it as it's very outdated anyway. Extra revenue for PL and more revenue for lower leagues is right way to end it.

They should do the NFL blackout model too, if the PL grounds don't sell say 95% of the tickets then it can't be shown on TV, that way the club has to pitch the ticket prices at decent prices for fans 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Really ?

Can't say I'd noticed.

Wasn't there news last week that reserved places in the CL for big clubs was now going through ?

Us and Newcastle got to vote for that and the "big 6" didn't 😂

As part of the ESL the 6 of them quit their place on the UEFA committee or whatever its called, the likes of us, Newcastle and Everton still have our place and our vote

In terms of the PL club ownership model nothing has changed, we more have more influence because purslow is more vocal but we don't have more power

It also seems to be the case that we vote in favour of things that our fans consider a negative for us, we were pro 5 subs for example whereas the consensus on here was that its a terrible idea 

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They should do the NFL blackout model too, if the PL grounds don't sell say 95% of the tickets then it can't be shown on TV, that way the club has to pitch the ticket prices at decent prices for fans 

Very good idea that is. 

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Us and Newcastle got to vote for that and the "big 6" didn't 😂

As part of the ESL the 6 of them quit their place on the UEFA committee or whatever its called, the likes of us, Newcastle and Everton still have our place and our vote

In terms of the PL club ownership model nothing has changed, we more have more influence because purslow is more vocal but we don't have more power

It also seems to be the case that we vote in favour of things that our fans consider a negative for us, we were pro 5 subs for example whereas the consensus on here was that its a terrible idea 

We changed our tune on it due to need to develop players. We now have a large crop of talented youngsters and a large Premier League squad. It's now more in our favour to have 5 subs than it was 18 months ago

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I might be wrong but didn't we vote AGAINST it all the way until the final time when virtually all the clubs agreed to vote FOR it.   So somehow a lot of clubs changed their minds, or just got worn down by the 'big 6'.

This clikbait headline another example of how far we have to go on getting more revenue...

"Liverpool’s new Nike away kit ‘confirmed’ by official phone case partner"

Do we even have an official mobile phone partner, let alone phone case partner?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/06/2022 at 15:56, ender4 said:

I might be wrong but didn't we vote AGAINST it all the way until the final time when virtually all the clubs agreed to vote FOR it.   So somehow a lot of clubs changed their minds, or just got worn down by the 'big 6'.

I read it as Smith was against but Gerrard is pro hence the change in tact ref 5 subs … 

• Like 1

Slightly off topic but Simon Jordan was advocating free spending should a club want to but an appropriate tax charge on the level of additional over and above spending that gets filtered into the lower divisions. For example, we spend £100 over FFP we pay a 20% tax charge or the like 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Slightly off topic but Simon Jordan was advocating free spending should a club want to but an appropriate tax charge on the level of additional over and above spending that gets filtered into the lower divisions. For example, we spend £100 over FFP we pay a 20% tax charge or the like 

Would be on board with that.  Way to get the obscene amounts of money in football (or at least from footballs owners) into the country.  If it could be somehow ring fenced for grass roots or social/ leisure developments would be even better 

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

I read it as Smith was against but Gerrard is pro hence the change in tact ref 5 subs … 

Of course Gerrard is for it. It helps Liverpool. 

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Would be on board with that.  Way to get the obscene amounts of money in football (or at least from footballs owners) into the country.  If it could be somehow ring fenced for grass roots or social/ leisure developments would be even better 

This is similar to how the NBA salary system works. Once teams are over the cap, they get taxed on that money and the surplus goes to teams below the tax.

Golden State Warriors are historically high above the tax at the moment. But won the championship. So it works!

Ka-ching!

Aston Villa Women is pleased to announce athleisure brand Gym+Coffee as a new Official Partner.

Gym+Coffee, who are committed to supporting the women‘s football community, will form a partnership with the Club which aims to provoke meaningful conversation and ultimately help to foster positive perceptions of women in sport.

Through a dedicated campaign, Aston Villa and Gym+Coffee hope to inspire a new generation of female athletes in addition to creating room for change and empowerment. 

Nicola Ibbetson, Chief Commercial Officer at Aston Villa Football Club, said: “We are delighted to form this exciting partnership with Gym+Coffee.

“The Women's team have experienced substantial growth over the past three seasons and this collaboration will help to cultivate further development and evolution.

“Gym+Coffee share our values and commitment towards celebrating females in sport, and we look forward to working with them.”

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/23/villa-women-announce-gym-coffee/

On 17/06/2022 at 14:36, villa4europe said:

Man City would never get a televised game.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Having 3 Million Australian fans according to what Purslow said in Raffles the other night. Even that seems a bit out there considering the population is about 26 million inAus. 

But why have taken so long to go to Australia. We have been such poorly run club for so long. I am so glad we have these owners now.

Data is important to trying to push the club out there to bigger fan base 

Edited by Villa_Stateside

I cannot remember any pre season that has been so well thought out . We will have definitely gained fans for life . I do think Purslow got his comma in the wrong place with the 3 million. There again i have 8 friends that live in Oz and there are 3 plus their families that are Villa. 

• Like 1

Â