Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

You were right Bruno Fernandes won. Decent goal, but no way should it beat the Ings goal. Once in a season job. 

F***ing hate those plastic glory hunting bastards who support United.  

Let's be honest, we'd vote a villa player's goal in, before we would an opposition players, even if that goal was better than ours.

I've done it many times in the past.

So with things like these, often, the largest fan base will always win, unfortunately.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Let's be honest, we'd vote a villa player's goal in, before we would an opposition players, even if that goal was better than ours.

I've done it many times in the past.

So with things like these, often, the largest fan base will always win, unfortunately.

I’d like to think i’d vote for an overhead kick over an average villa goal, but I guess you are right.

• Like 1

Interesting talk about Ings on the radio earlier...

Basically how he naturally drifts left side, obviously last season this is where we were most dangerous. I think his assist against Brentford was from the left.

Also statistically Villa have hit the woodwork more times than any other team last season. Ings presumably has been brought in to help us become much more clinical in front of goal.

Exciting times!

1 minute ago, RichW said:

Hopefully finally get to see him and Watkins link up tomorrow though having just watched the training video Villa have put out can't see Ings anywhere 🤨

Well that would be annoying, if Watkins just got himself fit. 

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Interesting talk about Ings on the radio earlier...

Basically how he naturally drifts left side, obviously last season this is where we were most dangerous. I think his assist against Brentford was from the left.

Also statistically Villa have hit the woodwork more times than any other team last season. Ings presumably has been brought in to help us become much more clinical in front of goal.

Exciting times!

One of them drifts one of them stays up top

I think both in terms of movement and work rate both ings and Watkins are top rate so it could work as long as the intelligence is there to back it up

We play 2 up top on paper but in reality only 1 of them is ever up there whilst the other goes in search of the ball

And that's just when we're in possession, the front line press from the 2 of them... Watkins alone doing it completely changed us last season 

5 minutes ago, WHY said:

Just watched a training ground video on the official site and all the forwards were doing a drill with the exception of Ings, hope he isn’t injured.

Why does Villa do this to us! Can see Sanson in the training photos but not Danny!

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

One of them drifts one of them stays up top

I think both in terms of movement and work rate both ings and Watkins are top rate so it could work as long as the intelligence is there to back it up

We play 2 up top on paper but in reality only 1 of them is ever up there whilst the other goes in search of the ball

And that's just when we're in possession, the front line press from the 2 of them... Watkins alone doing it completely changed us last season 

Indeed.

Ings scored many goals last season through his hard work off the ball, something Watkins also does so well.

Having both Watkins and Ings on the pitch is surely going to be rather dangerous one would hope.

Is he injured? Wasn't in any of the training videos which largely focused on players scoring goals. Seemed to be Bert, Leon, Watkins, AEG and Archer. 

EDIT: I see I'm late with this. Ignore 

Edited by PieFacE

There were a lot of positives to take from today's game, Ings was not one of those, Watkins brought so much more to the team and sadly we couldn't see hardly anything of a connection between them. He put in an ok shift with the pressing, but not much else. Thought it looked like he was carrying a bit of weight? 

Â