Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

So will Ings captain Villa if Jack goes or reckon even if Jack stays perhaps he could still take the armband?

It would be a kick in teeth to several pros more than capable of being captain.

There is no chance of this happening.

Just now, Xela said:

Ings has just turned 29 and cost £25m - £30m

Kane is 28 and Spurs want £160m

Both have injury histories

Kane is a very good player, but he's not 5 or 6 times the player. Good signing by us. 

Indeed. Obviously the big difference is Ings only had a year left, I think?  I still think Ings is a little pricey, but I popped out to dinner on a low from Grealish, came home and this is the news, and I'm bloody delighted.

A great statement of intent from our owners over the past few days. One player, no matter how important, does not derail this project. Let's give people a reason to regret walking away from this club.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mantis said:

How many has Exploding Shins played in that time?

53 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

More than Jack “my club” Grealish. 

In the spirit of fairness, Ings has played 100 games in all competitions over the past 3 seasons, Grealish played 103.

But obviously one of them had a season in the championship with more games available to them and was also involved in a cup run during that time…

Wow. What a pick me up. We all knew if Watkins got an injury we were doomed. With this signing we have a quality back up or quality different option. With this and the other new signings it is a statement of intent. Can’t wait now, with or without his knibbs. 

3 minutes ago, useless said:

He's played more games than Grealish each of the last two seasons and has only playd a few games less than him over the last three seasons and bearing in mind of those seasons for Grealish was in the championship where there's more games. So if Ings is injury prone then so is the player that we were all so desperate to keep.

Jack is injury Prone.  4 years ago missed half a season although was a freak injury. 3 seasons ago missed 3 months. 2 seasons ago he was ok. Last season we all know what happened. 

I still think 100m is great business.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Ings has just turned 29 and cost £25m - £30m

Kane is 28 and Spurs want £160m

Both have injury histories

Kane is a very good player, but he's not 5 or 6 times the player. Good signing by us. 

Agreed.

We have plenty of project players.

Ash and Ings will add valuable experience to a very young and inexperienced squad.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Worst signing in the club's history? I'm leaning towards yes. 

Makes no sense at all, injury prone, old and not needed in any way

There really is no pleasing some people. Presumably the same applies to Messi.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Jack is injury Prone.  4 years ago missed half a season although was a freak injury. 3 seasons ago missed 3 months. 2 seasons ago he was ok. Last season we all know what happened. 

Good point. Funny enough, a couple years ago on FM19, I actually ended up selling Grealish for $150 million because he kept getting hurt and missed chunks of every season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

We can say.....Tammy who now? 😂😂😂

Plus I enjoy that we've spent big money on a quality striker when we kept getting told we wouldn't.

Ain't that the truth Nick and there's a fair few keeping hush hush right now lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As someone on Twitter said: never played in Europe, never scored a goal for England and had long injury layoffs for the past two seasons. £100m is superb business. Makes Ings look like a bargain.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

You can possibly work out who it is from his pic on the tweet. I won't mention who it is as they no doubt wanted to stay in the shadows! 

TyBracy has made it so obvious though. 

I don't see how anyone can dislike this signing.

Ings is a prolific goal scorer, a consummate professional, and will give us some nice options off the bench. And actually I see him starting quite a few games as well.

Very astute signing by us and proves again imo that we are in such great hands in regards to our ownership.

• Like 1

Â