Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

I like Danny Ings he's very Harry Kane like. Has unreal finishing and prolly better pace than Kane. 

However the fee we paid 25-30 mill? And the contract length(3) is worrisome. I mean that's alot of money and I worry he'll end up leaving eventually on a free(Heaton's 3 year). 

Not sure where he's gonna fit it. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Replace it with a picture of the youth cup lads.

The pic needs changing anyway. Pumping the play off win now is small time imo. European cup? Kids youth cup? Absolutely. But a cup for effectively scraping promotion has always seemed not proper Villa for me.

Just replace it with Sir Dennis and that beautiful cup that City's almost a billion has failed to bring them.

• Like 1

Not sure why people are bothered by the price, we can afford to pay a bit extra for players the club want to get, our owners are savvy enough not to have their pants pulled down by chancers taking the piss. We are no longer in the bargain basement and can afford a better class of player, even if it costs a little bit more.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Let's make it official:

HomeOfTheVilla on Twitter: "I mean if anyone was being realistic, although  it was murmured and loosely mentioned, I don't think anyone was expecting  Danny Ings to be announced with absolutely no notice.

He really is Troll face bought to life, he must wind up everyone we deal with 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

Why does anyone give a flying **** what the fee was?

Our owners obviously don't care.

The resident accountants always come out after a signing. ‘’If we signed him for 15m it would be a great signing but at 25m we’ve been done over’’ 

1 minute ago, smg said:

Not sure why people are bothered by the price, we can afford to pay a bit extra for players the club want to get, our owners are savvy enough not to have their pants pulled down by chancers taking the piss. We are no longer in the bargain basement and can afford a better class of player, even if it costs a little bit more.

I just think this is what we have to do to compete with those ahead of us. Next year he goes to spurs or similar on a free. We can't compete then, we have to buy now.

• Like 1

Pleased with this signing.

Find it strange how people seem to obsess with "how he is going to fit in". We need a squad and options off the bench, but also options in the first 11 that can change during the game, for too long we have fallen into, get the ball and look for JG. Now that's not an option we are obviously trying to spread the creativity and options going forward.

Ings gives Ollie competition, a good thing as Wes and KD are not challenging him any time soon for the striker spot.

Ings can play on the left side of attack if needed, or so can Ollie with the other up top.

Also gives us the option of going two up top if needs be, but two quality strikers, not Ollie and a n other.

He may be getting older, but still sub 30 so should be fit enough, and his experience/leadership will be very useful to the younger/newer players. He strikes me as someone who tells it how it is, add that to Ash Young and Mings, I reckon this is important.

He has a bit of a history of injuries, but maybe he has realised that how he can fit in at Villa will not burn him out. He can rotate with Ollie if needs be, for certain games he might be the better option, thus helping us not burn Ollie, playing Ollie every minute of every match.

Makes a to of sense to me this signing. Never liked him for other teams, but that was because he always seemed to score against us, and he was that dogged, annoying player that you only like when he's in your team. Welcome Danny.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If he was 25 and had 4 years on his contact he would probably cost £70-80 mil.

Lukaku and Kane are less than 12 months younger than him and both rumoured to be in the £100 million + bracket.  He scores as many goals as either of them.

Edited by allani
  • Like 3

Â