5 minutes ago, SuffolkVillan said:

I see it as 

Luiz     McGinn

Buendia

Bailey          Ings       Watkins

a 4-3-3 like Liverpool with Ings doing the Firmino role

Shocked you left Jack out!

2 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

Can't believe £30m - final year of contract and only a 3 year deal (which seems right for a 29 year old).

Great signing for squad depth, and a different option/dimension. 

its being reported £25 mill

Reminds me a little bit of when Utd bought Van Persie and he was crucial that season. I can see the same with Ings, even if we only get 2 good seasons out of him, his influence, ability and know-how should hopefully see us in a position that we can upgrade again on him.

34 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

I like Danny Ings he's very Harry Kane like. Has unreal finishing and prolly better pace than Kane. 

However the fee we paid 25-30 mill? And the contract length(3) is worrisome. I mean that's alot of money and I worry he'll end up leaving eventually on a free(Heaton's 3 year). 

Not sure where he's gonna fit it. 

If he leaves on a free and we're challenging in Europe, he'll have done his job. He's a player who can impact right away, we've got fantastic youth players to hopefully take his place.

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Worst signing in the club's history? I'm leaning towards yes. 

Makes no sense at all, injury prone, old and not needed in any way

What the bollocks? I’m a bit cautious over it but Jesus Christ…

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Worst signing in the club's history? I'm leaning towards yes. 

Makes no sense at all, injury prone, old and not needed in any way

pleased to see we've gotten past the whole waiting to see a player in a villa shirt before judging

nothing to complain about here. proven scorer and probably the going rate. only a year older than kane who city are probably going to have to pay 150m for

• Like 1

I'm chuffed about this. I've wanted Ings for ages, and for a reported £25m, I'd say it's fair for a striker of his quality and consistency. If it does rise to £30m, then that would be worth it too - that's the beauty of add-ons.

Villa are putting in the work too soften the blow of losing Grealish, and it's nice to see. We're going to be fine; I dare say we might even thrive.

Edited by Greenfly
So many typos...

He's played more games than Grealish each of the last two seasons and has only playd a few games less than him over the last three seasons and bearing in mind of those seasons for Grealish was in the championship where there's more games. So if Ings is injury prone then so is the player that we were all so desperate to keep.

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

I like Danny Ings he's very Harry Kane like. Has unreal finishing and prolly better pace than Kane. 

However the fee we paid 25-30 mill? And the contract length(3) is worrisome. I mean that's alot of money and I worry he'll end up leaving eventually on a free(Heaton's 3 year). 

Not sure where he's gonna fit it. 

25 mill is not a lot of money is it for a proven premier league striker in his prime who has scored 34 goals in 67 appearance in last 2 seasons. Harry Kane, a better player no doubting that, is going to be bought for 120mill - 150mill in the next few days. He is pretty much exactly one year younger than Ings.

Ings has signed a 3 year contract at the end of which he will be coming up to 32. It is reported we have the option to take up a further year. If he has been here 4 years and banged in 60 or 70 goals, which his record suggests he is more than capable of doing, and then leaves on a free so be it as he will have achieved on the pitch and have been a big influence in terms of developing the likes of Louie Barry.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Â