Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I like Ings a lot but can't help but feel his move here was wrong club at the wrong time. More of an issue with our recruitment strategy than Ings himself. 

He's never had the chance to play in a system that best suits him. I think he works well in a proper 4 4 1 1, 4 2 3 1 or 4 3 3 where he's through the centre. The problems we faced is that he's not suited to a 2 up top along side Watkins as that means he plays between CB and full back on the right side. Emery said it himself why he played Ings with Buendia off him at Brighton. 4 4 1 1 

He's shown in spite of that and the clubs poor form since he's been here that he's a productive forward. Who still averages over 0.5 goal contributions per 90. 

His last 4.5 seasons (including current one) his stats are 0.55, 0.77, 0.66, 0.62 and 0.61 G+A per 90. 

• Thanks 2

Just a misfit.

I'm sure he'll do well elsewhere but we like strikers who can hold up the ball and press with high intensity.

Danny never going to be that player.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I'd like us to keep him until the summer personally

this is where I stand. I don't know if there's another striker out there that is attainable in this January window which will improve our squad. And if we are loaning out Archer, we really shouldn't be selling Ings as well in the same window. I'd imagine he would improve a lot of teams around us as well

• Like 2

I’m another who would keep him until the summer, I actually really like him and don’t think he’s a misfit, I think he’s great to have in the squad.

However if Villa are sure they want to go a different way and have another option lined up, Jan would be a great time to sell as the relegation candidates would possibly overpay out of desperation. Summer could be a tougher market. No way would I sell him or even loan him to a rival. 

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Everton might come in for him they desperately need a striker

and its a good time to sell to them. If they came in with a 25/30 mil offer I would snap their hands off. Although we will need to sign another striker. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

and its a good time to sell to them. If they came in with a 25/30 mil offer I would snap their hands off. Although we will need to sign another striker. 

Yeah, 25-30 mill defo, in the end he's a striker that'll score ya goals, shouldn't be a 15 million cast off no way.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

They'll probably get rid of Lampard - just depends who takes over. Given they've zero strategy in terms of how the club and football matters are run anyone could be in the running to replace him. Allardyce again maybe?

Â