Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

8 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Remind me. 

Why are we selling this guy?

Again top scorer. If you have a choice of Ings or 50p feet Bailey or Watkins to finish as chance who are you betting on? 

Madness to sell him.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Much better finisher than Watkin's, bad move to sell him.

100%. Problem is, without Watkins we look completely lifeleless up front and have no real pressing

• Like 2

What an assist that would've been at the end.

At his best he's a Sheringham type. Can finish well and has really good awareness of who's around him when on the ball.

Depends who we're targeting final third but I'd rather let him go in the summer as opposed to this month unless we get a ridiculous offer which dosen't feel likely.

• Like 2

Just now, bobzy said:

Great little cameo.  Would, personally, play both him and Watkins in our next game.  Not sure Emery will, though.

It don't work, been proved time after time. Might work if Watkins plays the Grealish role creating for Ings.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

It don't work, been proved time after time. Might work if Watkins plays the Grealish role creating for Ings.

It didn't work before, playing them as two strikers.  Watkins doing the "Bailey role" with Ings being the more 'striker' could work IMO.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I dont get this idea that he cant start games. He's our top scorer having played far less minutes than most. 

Difficult to imagine he'd have contributed less than Bailey from the start. 

I agree I'd still start him over Bailey, play Watkins in the Bailey role. I just think he benefits massively from playing against tired players that have played 45 minutes already. He's so slow that his genuine quality doesn't always get chance to shine through.

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It didn't work under Smith's falling reign and Gerrard's inept reign.

We now have a top manager. That's not saying that they WILL work, but their failure in the past doesn't prove that Unai cannot find the right formula to fit them both.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WooJung said:

It didn't work under Smith's falling reign and Gerrard's inept reign.

We now have a top manager. That's not saying that they WILL work, but their failure in the past doesn't prove that Unai cannot find the right formula to fit them both.

It did work okay sometimes. There was a long period last season when we won most games they started together, and lost when they didn’t. 

• Like 1

Was reading Everton forum and it’s pretty funny regards Ings.  They all seem to think he’s Paul McGrath and he doesn’t train for us because his knees are gone and he’s always injured.  

Maybe I’ve been oblivious to this for the past 18months but I didn’t think he was a sick note?

Â