Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

37 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

You loved him, even had him as your profile pic honestly though I can’t be bothered to dig them up.  We all get a few things wrong so chin up mate.

I wanted him to succeed, I never once said he was the best thing since sliced bread. So talking out of you back passage.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Goes to show you that when the team is set up to play to his strengths, Danny Ings will score goals.  His lay offs were fantastic today as well, which isn't something we saw a lot of under Gerrard, but I have a feeling he'll be used as a much more rounded player under Emery.  I think the thing we're going to see more from Emery than any other manager in Villa's history is just how much of the entire squad he'll use and rotate on a regular basis.  He's used 21 players in some way throughout his 3 games so far.  Saw a post from Lyric on Twitter (The guy who broke the Emery signing) before the game and said we're going to spend big on a top top striker in January and try to sell Watkins/Ings, but Danny proved that he can work well under Emery and already is a 20+ goal a season striker.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jim said:

Yeah but he’s past it.

4 hours ago, jim said:

Aged well.

Guy living in VT's biggest glass house throwing shade at other people's past opinions 🤣 Brilliant.

Edited by penguin
  • Haha 3

On 11/11/2022 at 13:19, Demitri_C said:

Yea he looks finished to me. A panic buy that the club didnt think properly about. At 29 at the time i really didnt understand the logic in the signing although i was intially happy

yes exactly

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Enjoyed Defoe’s analysis of him. He really was everywhere today. I always think he’s like 34 years old, but he’s only 30 and plays like he’s 24 when he’s got the bit between his teeth. 

I think it was his best game for us. He isnt dynamic but he works so hard and made some passes to bring others into play

I have to admit I was wrong about Ings, I thought he was past offering us anything valuable. Ings and Watkins both offer something different. 

It is nice having someone who puts penalties away...

Happy to be wrong in this case, kick on now and give us 15 of your best...

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

@Zatman 😀 

Given how poor the team has been this season and until recently haven’t scored many goals or even created many goals then 6 goals so far is a pretty decent return how ever they are scored.  

Yes we can argue pen vs non-pen goals but it’s hard to discount deflected goals, loads of strikers get a fair share of deflected goals.

The point is the striker gets into the position to score, strikes, it’s on target and it’s enough for the defender to deflect but it still goes in.  

For all Ollie’s work rate he doesn’t score very often whereas Ings is showing that while he doesn’t get around quite as much as Ollie he does more than his fair share AND is scoring….and for me we need scoring and work rate, that’s why I still assert that buying Ings was a good buy, it’s just finally he’s getting used properly and long may that continue.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Given how poor the team has been this season and until recently haven’t scored many goals or even created many goals then 6 goals so far is a pretty decent return how ever they are scored.  

Yes we can argue pen vs non-pen goals but it’s hard to discount deflected goals, loads of strikers get a fair share of deflected goals.

The point is the striker gets into the position to score, strikes, it’s on target and it’s enough for the defender to deflect but it still goes in.  

For all Ollie’s work rate he doesn’t score very often whereas Ings is showing that while he doesn’t get around quite as much as Ollie he does more than his fair share AND is scoring….and for me we need scoring and work rate, that’s why I still assert that buying Ings was a good buy, it’s just finally he’s getting used properly and long may that continue.

Im just saying people highlighting my post but its ONE game we need to see it more consistently.

Wothout question thiugh for me he is a far bettee finisher than watkins. But for me baikey is the best finisher we have at the club.

Hopefully as you say under a more elite coach we can finally see the best out of ings. Smith and gerrard bigh failed to do this

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Very interesting to hear that Emery changed our tactics/shape 24 hrs before the Brighton game to adjust for the different type of player Ings is to Ollie. 

Previous managers would've just made the swap and said play Ollie's role. 

Even more impressive that he's been here for such a short amount of time to know that about the players. Proper details man

14 hours ago, messi11 said:

Danny ings is better than Ivan Toney, Callum Wilson, Mitrovic.

I like Danny a lot. I think he's much better than many have given credit for, but I don't agree with this post at all. 

13 hours ago, KMitch said:

Goes to show you that when the team is set up to play to his strengths, Danny Ings will score goals.  His lay offs were fantastic today as well, which isn't something we saw a lot of under Gerrard, but I have a feeling he'll be used as a much more rounded player under Emery.  I think the thing we're going to see more from Emery than any other manager in Villa's history is just how much of the entire squad he'll use and rotate on a regular basis.  He's used 21 players in some way throughout his 3 games so far.  Saw a post from Lyric on Twitter (The guy who broke the Emery signing) before the game and said we're going to spend big on a top top striker in January and try to sell Watkins/Ings, but Danny proved that he can work well under Emery and already is a 20+ goal a season striker.  

Yeah I think Emery said it. Ings likes to run between defenders and have through balls. So playing Ings with Buendia makes more sense than playing with Watkins or Bailey. 

I'd imagine we'd go with Ings and Buendia up top and Bailey on left or right of Midfield in a game this season. Rather than Bailey up top with Ings and Buendia on the left of Midfield.

It's because Bailey running from deeper is a threat and Buendia dripping deep from the front line. Ings running between the CBs. 

It's great having a coach who can set up the team to for each player to be as be effective as possible.

How many times has Ings played up top in a proper 4 3 3 or 4 2 3 1 for Villa? Or yesterday which was basically a 4 4 1 1 or 4 2 3 1 in attack

Â