Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

I with a few others though Ings was the better option against a Wolves team that played with a much deeper backline than the sides we've played recently. Space behind was scarce and with that in mind Ings should've started. 

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Was reading Everton forum and it’s pretty funny regards Ings.  They all seem to think he’s Paul McGrath and he doesn’t train for us because his knees are gone and he’s always injured.  

Maybe I’ve been oblivious to this for the past 18months but I didn’t think he was a sick note?

He’s ex Liverpool. They are always going to see him through that lens.  

I can’t see him leaving in January unless he really pushes for it (I don’t think he will) or we have a deal for his successor already lined up.  

6 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Does Dallie possess Watkins finishing composure and Ings physicality?

This did cross my mind........if he does we will need to scrape up the left over conbobulator goo and make a striker out of that instead....

I really don’t understand why this man isn’t a certain starter. He’s the only genuine goal scorer in our entire squad and then there’s talk of possibly selling him? It completely baffles me. 

Stop this Bailey striker rubbish and get Ings up top with Watkins. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I really don’t understand why this man isn’t a certain starter. He’s the only genuine goal scorer in our entire squad and then there’s talk of possibly selling him? It completely baffles me. 

Have you only just started watching Villa?
I mean Watkins and Ings has been tested by Smith and Gerrard. It doesn't work. 

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Have you only just started watching Villa?
I mean Watkins and Ings has been tested by Smith and Gerrard. It doesn't work. 

I’m not counting anything by the previous clown in charge. If someone like Emery can’t get it working then fair enough but something has to give, Bailey and Ings up top for all I care. 

Not saying Ings is some god and get him in we’ll never lose a game but our actual striker doesn’t score and our pretend striker doesn’t score. The one on the bench does. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Because he often goes missing from games, and although he’s probably the best finisher in the squad, he isn’t as clinical as people think.

Very good player, technically excellent, but slow, weak, and easily beaten in the air.

One of those who is a horses for courses player. Against Wolves I would have started him, but no chance would he have done the job required vs Spurs.

It’s a shame because I really like him as a footballer, but he just lacks the athleticism to be a really top striker, and his injury history probably hasn’t helped… give him a bit more pace or a bit more physicality, and he’d be top drawer.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Farlz said:

Because he can't press and hold up the ball like Watkins.

Let Watkins tire them out then bring on Ings like last night. The perfect impact sub.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Because he often goes missing from games, and although he’s probably the best finisher in the squad, he isn’t as clinical as people think.

Very good player, technically excellent, but slow, weak, and easily beaten in the air.

One of those who is a horses for courses player. Against Wolves I would have started him, but no chance would he have done the job required vs Spurs.

It’s a shame because I really like him as a footballer, but he just lacks the athleticism to be a really top striker, and his injury history probably hasn’t helped… give him a bit more pace or a bit more physicality, and he’d be top drawer.

The problem though is Ollie isn’t clinical at all, you can have all the athleticism in the world but Ings got us the draw yesterday with his goal.  Goals changes games and thus we could’ve nicked it at the end.  That’s not because of athleticism, that’s because of positioning, seeing the opportunity of space, technically taking the superb pass and clinically finishing.  Scoring another in his run of 6 goals in roughly 8.5 games worth of minutes.  Sometimes it’s not doing everything, being everywhere and being the super human….sometimes it’s doing your job, picking your moments and being efficient but effective.

A club at our level would be lucky to get the striker you mention, I think Ings is a great option for us and it would be a crime to let him go.  He’s a difference maker for us…whether that deserves a starting spot depends on his competition which currently is only Ollie.  I hope we get another striker in but currently Ings is the finisher at the club and I wouldn’t let him go.

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He does great celebrations. A lot of frustration coming out of that one yesterday

He was calling out the boo boys for me which is fair enough 😜 

• Like 2

I'd be annoyed if we let Ings go this window to a rival, especially on loan.  He's proved that he is at least a decent impact sub, and since Watkins and Bailey can't score, we can't afford to be getting rid of one of our only goal threats.  Only way i'd let Ings leave is if a team bids at least what we paid for him or more, which won't happen.

Â