Tim Iroegbunam

useless

He's only actually played 90 minutes worth of Premier League football, and that scattered over three appearances, so I think it's hard for fans to make a judgement on whether he's ready for Premier League football or not.

The club obviously think he's better off going out on loan, and with Kamara, possibly Dendoncker or Luiz ahead of him I can see why, as he isn't going to be chosen ahead of those players. all internationals with plenty of top flight experience, so might as well send him somewhere where he's going to play and develop.

The only thing I would say is that many think of him as an out and out DM, but he usually played as a cross between a six and eight for our U21s with Lindley having the main duties as the more out and out DM, and he was the same at West Brom playing alongside Áurio Teixeira, so might have been option for as a 'eight' considering we don't have many options for that position.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

He may not be ready, but loaning out a midfielder at this time given our first team midfield is already in crisis and we have no injuries there yet seems questionable. 

We have a load of experienced midfielders. The muppet in charge just doesn't use them.

• Like 1

Good loan for him.

I'm in the minority in that I thought he gave the ball away a fair bit v Norwich so think he'd be exposed against decent prem teams at this moment in time and rest have been sub cameos when we've been winning.

Who plays DM when Kamara is out now, Nakamba or Dendoncker?

Just now, VillaChris said:

Good loan for him.

I'm in the minority in that I thought he gave the ball away a fair bit v Norwich so think he'd be exposed against decent prem teams at this moment in time and rest have been sub cameos when we've been winning.

Who plays DM when Kamara is out now, Nakamba or Dendoncker?

I think with Tim alot of us see past the mistakes and see the potential. He is still so young. A debut can always be nervewracking. Especially centre mid aged 18. Not many play that position at such a young age in the prem. 

The kid is quick strong can see a pass and is so tough in the tackle. He also takes on tactical info really well. His positioning tends to be brilliant. He also pings the ball so well. You can hear it at u23 level because theres no crowd.

In the Euro u19s this summer when he didnt play the midfield was run through at times. As soon as Tim was subbred on that stopped. 

Still needs luck to become a prem player but if the qpr loan goes well he will come back much wiser and used to playing in front of big crowds. 

I really don't think he is ready for where we are right now. I also think it's unfair to throw him in at the deep end given the current situation. If we, and I expect we do, change manager, who's to say that he gets anywhere near the starting 11

All I can think of is the comments that Gerrard made after pre-season games when he praised Iroegbunam, Kesler-Hayden and Archer and said how they've given him selection problems etc. Now, he's loaned two out and the other seemed close and gets a few minutes here and there. 

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

some comments from his 20 minute debut cameo.

image.thumb.png.c85fc41068e1e1dd2069b08ca2d1a83f.png

The kid absolutely has IT.

Working with Beale, who is familiar will also be a bonus.

Interesting they say he's " Box to Box ".

Really excited for his future!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The kid absolutely has IT.

Working with Beale, who is familiar will also be a bonus.

Interesting they say he's " Box to Box ".

Really excited for his future!

Im Tiroegbunam?

(sorry, just love a spoonerism)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

some comments from his 20 minute debut cameo.

image.thumb.png.c85fc41068e1e1dd2069b08ca2d1a83f.png

He's been so so good in every appearance recently.

Delighted he's going to get 30+ games under his belt. That should hopefully iron out plenty of youth team errors.

He looked borderline ready in pre-season IMO.

I want Luiz to stay, but I think Tim could be ready to start from next season.

• Like 3

Â