Finn Azaz

villalad21

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

He isn't really our youth player so not sure its FFP beneficial. Him doing a job in Championship might bump up a fee next summer

Am I missing something?  

Making a profit = FFP beneficial.

The reason youth players sales are considered FFP beneficial is because they cost £0, so ANY fee is FFP beneficial.

Have I got this wrong?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thug said:

Am I missing something?  

The reason youth players sales are considered FFP beneficial is because they cost £0, so ANY fee is FFP beneficial.

Have I got this wrong?

I thought the same!

16 hours ago, Thug said:

Am I missing something?  

Have I got this wrong?

He didn’t come through our academy, so we may have paid a fee to obtain him in the first place. So unless we sell on a higher value there may not be any profit. At a guess I’d say that’s what Zatman meant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

He didn’t come through our academy, so we may have paid a fee to obtain him in the first place. So unless we sell on a higher value there may not be any profit. At a guess I’d say that’s what Zatman meant.

We signed him on a free

I think there would still be a decent percentage of the profit on him we'd benefit from, over and above a normal player sold with a couple of years left on their contract.

If we signed him on a free then up to certain ages tribunals set a sell on fee we owe to whoever had him before. 

There'll likely be a development fee we owe to whoever we bought him from, but the rest should be pure profit.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He was under 23. We probably had to pay a fee to West Brom, they also get a development fee from any future transfer

Yes, but it's likely no more than 20%... they seem to use that figure a lot. He'll still bring us a decent figure if we sell him to a champ club after a good season. 

I dont know why we'd have given him an extension if that wasn't our aim. 

Edited by MrBlack

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

"He's the most intelligent footballer away from football I've ever met, his game knowledge is outstanding, and his passing and his quality today that he showed was exceptional, and I'm made up that he's got his goal because he deserved it."

Christ, this paragraph hurts my brain. 

• Haha 1

On 25/09/2023 at 18:12, Rds1983 said:

Schumacher (Argyle's boss) has been saying some very nice things about Azaz after the last game.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66910415

"Whittaker and Finn Azaz I thought were outstanding... He's shown a quality that we know he's got," Schumacher said.

"He had a brilliant start to the season last year, he got a real nasty injury and when he came back he looked really sharp for the first few games and then he struggled to get in a full rhythm because an injury like that in mid-season can affect you.

"But he's come back from Villa, it took him a few weeks to get going here, his pre-season wasn't as intense as ours was, but now he's up to speed he's showing the quality that we know he's got, that was why we were so keen to bring him back.

"He's the most intelligent footballer away from football I've ever met, his game knowledge is outstanding, and his passing and his quality today that he showed was exceptional, and I'm made up that he's got his goal because he deserved it."

Hmmmmm.

33 minutes ago, TRO said:

Hmmmmm.

I wouldn't read too much into that. I doubt he went with the 1st team training camp to America and didn't, as far as I recall, feature in any of the games. 

Lower leagues also start their seasons earlier, so you would expect them to ramp up a week or two before our 1st team. 

Â