Finn Azaz

villalad21

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd like to see him given a chance in our first team in pre-season just to see how he looks with better players. 

Hmm, as nice as it would be I think the gap is a little too big.  We've done well to load him enough to build up some capital.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

How the absolute feck has he not been capped by ROI

I ask myself this all the time. Ludicrous given the standard of midfielder we currently have.

As for Finn playing for Villa, I just don't see it with the fact we've pushed on so much in the past year under Emery.

Will still have a cracking career though. Could be like another Whittingham at Championship level

What a **** incredible goal. Insane.

Exactly the sort of seemingly ordinary player Unai can turn into a world beater.

Would love him to get a chance next year.

The boy gets goals.

• Like 2

Well I can think of a Villa player who spent his whole career going out on loan before moving to us then lifting the World Cup! If he just keeps on this trajectory I don’t see why he can’t end up playing a role for us even if he’s just loaned out continuously until then. We all scratched our heads when we signed him but he just evolves every year. He’s like a FIFA player with high potential and the algorithms are just whacking some extra ratings onto him every year. 

23 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I feel like a newly promoted team could easily take a punt on him for 8-10 mil. At worst you get relegated and have a top 10 attacking player in the champ. At best he works out really well as he proves his technical ability continues to work in every division

Wonder if we could recall him and loan him to a lower half premiership club for the rest of the season? 

What he does do is that when Plymouth are playing well then he is playing well. Averaging 7.07 on whoscored despite being in the bottom third of the league. You get him in a team at the top end of the league and i think his.influence will increase even more. 

6 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

What he does do is that when Plymouth are playing well then he is playing well. Averaging 7.07 on whoscored despite being in the bottom third of the league. You get him in a team at the top end of the league and i think his.influence will increase even more. 

Agreed. Probably need to send him to a Sunderland/Hull type club. Someone chasing those playoff spots.

On 01/01/2024 at 15:44, BG_Villa_Fan said:

What a goal that was! He meant every bit of it too.

Shades of Bertie in his first game for us but further out.

Just had a message from an argyle mate who reckons Azaz has been recalled ahead a £2.5m move to Boro.

If it does go through, Doubt he’ll play against us on Saturday though. 

The MIddlesbrough rumours are likely true as Pete O'Rourke who has always had the scoop on Azaz is reporting it. Two million a good fee, especailly as it's likely he only has one year left on his Villa deal once his loan with Plymouth was due to end

38 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Just had a message from an argyle mate who reckons Azaz has been recalled ahead a £2.5m move to Boro.

If it does go through, Doubt he’ll play against us on Saturday though. 

Seen it from Jacob Tanswell too. 

• Like 1

Feel sorry for Plymy, I wonder if we can sort them out with a replacement, he's different type of midfielder, but apparently Bogarde has a Championship move lined up, maybe he could be heading there.

In terms of creativity, Tommi O'Reilly is probably the closest we have to Azaz, with regards to 21s that need a loan, but not sure he would get a Championship move, not a reflection on his ability more circumstances

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Feel sorry for Plymy, I wonder if we can sort them out with a replacement, he's different type of midfielder, but apparently Bogarde has a Championship move lined up, maybe he could be heading there.

In terms of creativity, Tommi O'Reilly is probably the closest we have to Azaz, with regards to 21s that need a loan, but not sure he would get a Championship move, not a reflection on his ability more circumstances

Just had the same discussion with the argyle fans at work.

Think O’Reilly would be a little lightweight for Championship at this moment but a good prospect.

• Like 1

Â