Finn Azaz

villalad21

Well, Finn has made great strides up the divisions since he arrived here. I don't think we could have expected any more. Hopefully he can raise his game another level and smash the Championship.

Does anyone have an idea of the new contract length? If I was guessing, he must have signed a 1 year extension so would now  have 2 years left on his contract with us. Does that sound about right?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, useless said:

Giving him a contract extention and loaning him out actually makes a lot of sense, if we were to sell him this summer we wouldn't get much more than a couple of hundred thousand, whereas if he has a good season in the Championship we will able to get potentially much more next summer.

Yeah he's young enough that a big season in Championship could have anywhere in the millions in a fee

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Good good. He can continue to have the most bizarre Villa career in living memory.

One friendly appearance I think in a first team villa shirt at Walsall last season, in which he looked pretty good from memory then was immediately loaned out.

Argyle saying some very complimentary things about Villa and giving a bit more background into what happened with this deal this summer. As suspected they couldn't afford to match what we wanted after spending on other players.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/finn-azaz-loan-deal-made-8651763?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Schumacher said: "They are a top quality club Aston Villa and have produced some real good players over the last few years.

"Them, like other clubs we try and have relationships with, we need these young lads who come in and improve our squad, and give us a chance to compete at whatever level we are at."

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Really nice through ball from Azaz to Hardie there, Hardie then dived according to the ref and booked him for simulation...could have been a nice assist for Azaz there

It was a horrendous dive. 

nice ball though. 

• Like 1

One of the last of our youth crop (along with Davis) where we missed the boat on selling them for a decent fee. 

I guess we're hoping that he does something amazing this season and attracts attention from a club in the champ with money.

Can't think of any other reason we extend the contract but continue to loan him at the age he is.

Decent player and definitely Championship quality. Don't the ceiling gets much higher for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/08/2023 at 13:12, MrBlack said:

One of the last of our youth crop (along with Davis) where we missed the boat on selling them for a decent fee. 

I guess we're hoping that he does something amazing this season and attracts attention from a club in the champ with money.

Can't think of any other reason we extend the contract but continue to loan him at the age he is.

Decent player and definitely Championship quality. Don't the ceiling gets much higher for him.

He isn't really our youth player so not sure its FFP beneficial. Him doing a job in Championship might bump up a fee next summer

Â