Finn Azaz

villalad21

We all knew this was what he was bought for. He was too old to be with the kids and barely even set foot at bodymore.

Seems like a good bit of business especially if we could replicate it. 

We won't owe West Brom anything, since we didn't sign him from them, he was out of contract; because they offered him a deal it might be that we had to pay them a small fee at the time, but they won't be getting anything from the sale to Middlesbrough, or at least as far as I can tell.

The fee seems about right to me, have to remember he will only have about eighteen months left on his Villa deal, or twelve months once his Plymouth loan was due to end.

Also it's easy to get carried away with players getting goals and assists, but not every player capable of doing that at Championship level is worth big money

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Wasn’t he signed on a Bosman after his WBA contract expired?

Yes good business. It’s profit no matter how small and it also proves to other players that may join us that we’ll develop and find you a career in football even if you won’t ever feature for Villa’s first team.

40 minutes ago, useless said:

Feel sorry for Plymy, I wonder if we can sort them out with a replacement, he's different type of midfielder, but apparently Bogarde has a Championship move lined up, maybe he could be heading there.

In terms of creativity, Tommi O'Reilly is probably the closest we have to Azaz, with regards to 21s that need a loan, but not sure he would get a Championship move, not a reflection on his ability more circumstances

Bogarde only played 14 of the 23 league games he was available, seemed to fall out of favour at Bristol Rovers. I would think he's being recalled because Matty Taylor doesn't want him, rather than because a club higher up is trying to get him in. Don't think he's seen a minute on the pitch since Taylor came in. 

Really happy for Azaz to get a move to a big club like Middlesbrough and seemingly cement himself as a championship player. Was league two level when we brought him in so been able to help him up the leagues and give us a tiny bit of wiggle room in the P&S rules. 

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Maybe we needed the money to balance the books?

Doubtful unless our revenues have Completely collapsed or we have Tielemans about 500k a week we are in a really good place in terms of ffp

Bogarde is easily good enough for the Championship, the only reason he hasn't gone to that level in the first place is because he had an whole year out with injury. I suspect Bristol Rovers stopped selecting him because they knew he was being recalled, which from their view makes sense, new manager is going to want to develop a team with players he knows are going to be with them for the whole season.

Whether he's going to Plymouth though I've no idea

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Doubtful unless our revenues have Completely collapsed or we have Tielemans about 500k a week we are in a really good place in terms of ffp

He's supposedly on about £150k p/w. Which is high - but shouldn't pose an issue for FFP.

Is Finn Azaz not one of the best players in the Championship this season? £2m seems crazy low for a goal scoring midfielder with his stats. He must be out of contract this summer.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Is Finn Azaz not one of the best players in the Championship this season? £2m seems crazy low for a goal scoring midfielder with his stats. He must be out of contract this summer.

He is.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Just had the same discussion with the argyle fans at work.

Think O’Reilly would be a little lightweight for Championship at this moment but a good prospect.

O'Really.

• Haha 2

There are a rake of competencies to be adept at, in the Prem.

Many players in the lower leagues, are very good at some things......but do they have the broad church of skills set, for the Prem?

We ourselves have seen the demands rise, as we have risen up the league.....Its tough territory now, to be an Aston Villa first teamer....you have to be good at so many things.

• Like 1

Â