Finn Azaz

villalad21

1 hour ago, useless said:

Big game tomorrow, EFL Trophy Final, and chance for him to play at Wembley.

I’ll be there watching Argyle. Excellent that we have had two potential starters tomorrow for them tomorrow. Tyreik Wright also joined in January. 
Without being a sour puss, I don’t think Azaz will ever be where we currently are at but it’s a great opportunity for him and I can see him doing well in the championship next season - with Argyle again hopefully.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I don't think Wright can play as already played for Bradford earlier in the competition, which I think is why he didn't feature at all in the semi-final; he's actually no longer our player, as signed for Plymouth on a permanent deal.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Without being a sour puss, I don’t think Azaz will ever be where we currently are at but it’s a great opportunity for him and I can see him doing well in the championship next season - with Argyle again hopefully.

I think we knew exactly what we were doing with Finn. He’s never really been a villa player, we signed him cheaply to get academy players, we’ll sell him on for a profit. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I’ll be there watching Argyle. Excellent that we have had two potential starters tomorrow for them tomorrow. Tyreik Wright also joined in January. 

I'm on my way down for the game and have family driving up from Devon.

Hopefully be a good one!

Was actually a really decent atmosphere for two league one clubs, the highest attended game in Europe actually this weekend.

Argyle got batterer, and Azaz didn’t really have any impact when he came on. That said it is difficult for any player to make an impact when the game is already over as a competition.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Was actually a really decent atmosphere for two league one clubs, the highest attended game in Europe actually this weekend.

Argyle got batterer, and Azaz didn’t really have any impact when he came on. That said it is difficult for any player to make an impact when the game is already over as a competition.

The Argyle fans were unusually quiet as they're normally incredibly vocal.

Being 2-0 down after 10 minutes probably didn't help, especially as the goals were very, very sloppy. 

They did start to improve and play some nice football after he'd come on but that was possibly one of the worst team performances I've ever seen live.

Argyle were lucky to only lose by 4.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Kingman said:

Big day today, Beat Burton and Promoted to the Championship 

Good luck Finn 👍 

Promotion done.

Beat Port Vale and League champions!

Having grown up in Devon, Argyle are kinda a second club. There's a Azaz matchworn and signed shirt being auctioned off by them that I'm now strangely tempted by.

• Like 2

Finn is out of contract this month isn't he?

Will he be going to Plymouth permanently?

Seems strange that we picked him up from Albion for nothing, loaned him out immediately (twice), and having registered him for two seasons won't receive any sort of fee. I wonder if we registered him as some sort of favour to an agent - whether it was easier to find a club for Finn on the basis that he was registered as an Aston Villa player?

I'm not sure he's ever put on a pair of boots at Bodymoor and I don't think we've paid anything to him or for him since we signed him, nor will be get anything for him at the end of the month, so there's nothing we've lost, but I'm not sure we've gained anything either.

Weird one, but good luck to him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Finn is out of contract this month isn't he?

Will he be going to Plymouth permanently?

Seems strange that we picked him up from Albion for nothing, loaned him out immediately (twice), and having registered him for two seasons won't receive any sort of fee. I wonder if we registered him as some sort of favour to an agent - whether it was easier to find a club for Finn on the basis that he was registered as an Aston Villa player?

I'm not sure he's ever put on a pair of boots at Bodymoor and I don't think we've paid anything to him or for him since we signed him, nor will be get anything for him at the end of the month, so there's nothing we've lost, but I'm not sure we've gained anything either.

Weird one, but good luck to him.

Is he out of contract? I thought he signed an extension last July.

There was talk around Christmas of him being offered a new deal, but it never materialised. He might have been one who the club thought could go into the first team at some point but perhaps with the trajectory we seem to be on and some of the midfield signings we have made and want to make, they thought its best for the player to join Plymouth permanently. Wouldnt rule anything out but seems like he could have been an option for the club in the event we didnt do as well or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if we've got an option of an extre year on Azaz's contract, although even if that were the case would still have to sell him year this if we wanted to make any money on him unless planning on giving him a new deal, and with one year left probably wouldn't get much for him, although I guess any fee between hundred thousand and say a million would be considered a significant return for the academy.

If he is out of contract with us having no option to extend then I imagine there will be a few Championship clubs other than Plymouth looking to sign him up.

Plymouth could have three players with Villa conneciton next season as strong rumours that they're going to sign Harvey Knibbs, they had a bid for him turned down in January, but he's out of contract in the summer.

• Like 1

Â