Todd Cantwell

TreeVillan

The £40m figure came from a sun journalist that isn't particularly reliable, at the start of the summer the Norwich Sporting Director said that prices for their best players would start at £30m but I think that was when they were expecting Cantwell to sign a new deal. I think he'd cost around twenty to twenty-five million. He's a good player I think he'd soon change a lot people's minds if we signed him, if he stays with Norwich don't be surprised to see him have a very good season and being linked to some big teams next summer.

Edited by useless

1 minute ago, useless said:

The £40m figure came from a sun journalist that isn't particularly reliable, at the start of the summer the Norwich Sporting Director said that prices for their best players would start at £30m but I think that was when they were expecting Cantwell to sign a new deal. I think he'd cost around twenty to twenty-five million. He's a good player I think he'd soon change a lot people's minds if we signed him, if he stays with Norwich don't be surprised to see him have a very good season and being linked to some big teams next summer.

No way he'd cost us more than we spent on Buendia...  I don't rate him and hope this is just lazy paper talk, but he's only worth 15 tops, but you'd then have to pay the English tax.  

• Like 1

Well he's not as good as Buendia so paying more than £30m for him would be a bad deal for Villa. But it's Norwich's right to set whatever price they like for him, we're not entitled to take who we like at the drop of a hat (unlike a certain team in sky blue).

I think he's probably similar to how Jack was seen a few years ago, Norwich fans will wax lyrical about how good he is/will become, and opposition fans write him off as overrated. That's not to say he will follow in Jack's footsteps and become a superstar, but it also isn't totally unrealistic to think he could do really well in the Prem.

I can't say I've seen much of him so I've no idea how good he really is, but his assist from Norwich's game yesterday was pure class. Plus he has floppy hair, so he would fill our quota in that regard as well.

1 minute ago, SuperTed said:

Yeah we’ve signed their best player I can’t see them rolling over for us to sign their second best player 

Agreed, it would look very bad on their part to sell both of their best players in the same summer to a club that, let's remember, finished below them only a few seasons ago. I can't see how they could justify that to the fans 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

Agreed, it would look very bad on their part to sell both of their best players in the same summer to a club that, let's remember, finished below them only a few seasons ago. I can't see how they could justify that to the fans 

We’re complaining about City signing our best player when we’ve signed Norwich’s and going back for the second! 😂 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We’re complaining about City signing our best player when we’ve signed Norwich’s and going back for the second! 😂 

I don't think anyone blames Citeh for buying Jack... i think the anger/disappointment is more in Jack leaving us, after what he said. Off topic though! 

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Cantwell would a decent squad addition, but paying £40m is absurd and can't be true.

The current transfer market is crazy. To be honest 40 mill is not that unusual these days. If we want him, and I’m pretty enthusiastic about signing him, then like all the top clubs, we should not be afraid of punching our weight. 

From what I can gather, Norwich want Armstrong from Blackburn, we have just took Ings from Southampton and now they want Armstrong, we may have put Norwich in a situation where they might take less for Cantwell now to fund their move for Armstrong before they lose him

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe I was really drunk but I’m sure he was the best player on the pitch Boxing Day 2 years ago. Jack’s skill one the game in the end but only because they missed sitters. 

Yes he was stand out for them in that match imo 

I would love to have him here, I think he is a great player, and can only improve as well. He is as close to the playing style of Grealish as you can come, has that ability to keep the ball and take on players. I think much of the dislike is because he acts a bit big headed, but that doesn't need to be a bad thing, most say the same thing about jack and dislike him for it. If we play 4-2-3-1 he would fit well in as the central one of the attacking three. I think he also can play out wide of in a midfield three.

I can't really see Norwich letting their two best attacking players leave for us the year they were promoted though.

Â