Todd Cantwell

TreeVillan

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not sure how he fits in unless Buendia or Bailey play on the left.

FWIW, I like him, I think he's in that Grealish/Smith-Rowe mould, I just don't fully understand how he fits in. Cantwell and JWP would be excellent business if we could get both for a reasonable price.

Isn't Toddy a left side player? Whoscored and transfermarkt list him as an attacking midfielder (left)

Edited by Aston_Villan4

On 01/08/2021 at 07:23, grobs said:

I think he would be a Brilliant signing. The way I would describe him is a watered down grealish who is more likely to score a goal 

He's definitely skilful and fleet of foot, but also sleight, often loses the ball by overplaying and he has a really annoying celebration. He'll soon win me over if he shines in our shirt though.

I don't get the hate for Cantwell. Very capable player, good age profile. If Norwich didn't blink at 30 million though, id steer clear. It's pay that for Cantwell or go into some nondescript league in Europe and take a punt on someone nobody has heard of.

• Like 1

From what I've seen of him he's very tidy and neat with the ball and likes to drive forward positively. Norwich will try and take us to the cleaners for him no doubt but we shouldn't be paying too much for a Lidl version of Grealish.

Edited by roonst83

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

I don't get the hate for Cantwell. Very capable player, good age profile. If Norwich didn't blink at 30 million though, id steer clear. It's pay that for Cantwell or go into some nondescript league in Europe and take a punt on someone nobody has heard of.

He’s just not that good.  Newly promoted team quality imo.

I'm not entirely inspired either. If we were signing him to replace El Ghazi then I'd be much more for it.

But we need to move on and forget about Jack because unless Louis Barry ends up being World Class then nobody we have in the academy, nor that we can sign is going to connect with fans in the same way Jack did. Nobody.

Jack aside I do feel as though if a player with Cantwells highlight reel was linked from RB Salzburg and was called Tod Cantreva we'd all be lapping it up.

He's better than we think and nobody can replace Jack anyway.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

So by that logic, Buendia is a dud also ?

Don’t think you read my comment properly.  I think Todd is only good enough for a newly promoted team but Buendia is far superior.

Â