Todd Cantwell

TreeVillan

11 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

I don’t understand the hype about Cantwell at all. Decent striker of the football, but his technique and passing at times seems wild and gangly.

what’s the sales pitch?

I think at the moment he is inconsistent. Sort of Jack 4 seasons ago. I think that's the appeal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Does he play centre mid or a wide midfield role ?

He's played in left midfield pretty much every game in the last 3 seasons. Also has a couple higher up the pitch as LW or on the right in midfield. According to transfermarkt...

He’s technically skilful and very mobile but not a strong creator of chances. If he joins as Jacks replacement then all the chance creation falls to Buendia and we are in the same boat as before. 

Trouble is all the LW or CAM with decent chance creation stats are going to be super expensive but I guess we’ve got a few quid to drop in these positions now. 

Edited by villaglint

23 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

what’s the sales pitch?

It's the Grassmaster from Desso Sports at Carrow Road, a popular hybrid of natural grass and artificial fibres. This might give you a better idea of what that actually looks like in practice;

problem-with-wearing-and-aging-grass-en-

Villa Park also uses this system, as do the majority of the top football stadia in the world - it's also found at top Rugby stadiums too. 

Why do you ask? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its just one moment in a game, we need industry and consistency to us some control in games.

I know, I was only joking. I don’t think he’s terrible I just don’t think he’s right for us at the moment. Although he’s only 23 so if we sign him I will obviously get behind him fully.

Looks like we might be getting the best of the Norwich midfield back together and that might not be a bad thing... I had always thought that he looked decent in their games at Villa Park. So is it to be JWP or Todd or both?;)

5 minutes ago, villaglint said:

He’s technically skilful and very mobile but not a strong creator of chances. If he joins as Jacks replacement then all the chance creation falls to Buendia and we are in the same boat as before. 

Trouble is all the LW or CAM with decent chance creation stats are going to be super expensive but I guess we’ve got a few quid to drop in these positions now. 

Bailey too, his creation starts are arguably better than Greal-hiss in some respects!

Again, I just can't see it. If we play Watkins, Buendia and Bailey behind Ings, we still have El Ghazi, Traore and Bidace as back up. 

Just can't see this signing pushing a £30 million signing to the bench. I don't think We're at that stage yet. Thats when you have European football and can keep players happy. 

7 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Bailey too, his creation starts are arguably better than Greal-hiss in some respects!

Don’t see that in the data but happy to be proved wrong his SCA per 90 was just over 4 last year compared to 6 for Jack. Previously it’s been in the 3s which is Hourihane/Traore territory. 

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Don’t see that in the data but happy to be proved wrong his SCA per 90 was just over 4 last year compared to 6 for Jack. Previously it’s been in the 3s which is Hourihane/Traore territory. 

I saw a comparison chart somewhere and was pleasantly surprised, I can't remember where I saw it though or what exactly the stats were.

If he can get anywhere near Greal-hiss in terms of performances and with Buendia we should hopefully be better off.

Fingers crossed.

Â