Todd Cantwell

TreeVillan

He's a good player, but we'll have to pay a fortune. I'm confident there's many better options available for the outlay.

Norwich fan pal of mine says he's kicked on in the last year and realised he needs to work hard as well as swan about trying to create. Always wants the ball which is a usually a very good sign for me.

If this happens, I'll be very interested in how Norwich spend the £75m we've given them.

Surprised by the lack of enthusiasm for this one. Admittedly I didn't watch him last year but I thought he was a player the seasson they were in the Premier League. If I recall correctly he was the player than everyone thought would be off when they got relegated.

I'd take Cantwell personally. I reckon Olise would have been a fantastic transfer for us and a snip at 8m, but he's gone to Palace now so Cantwell would be a good alternative. Get the conditioning staff to bulk him up a bit and add a bit more athleticisim to his game and I think he wouldnt be too far off from Grealish in terms of goals. Assists will come to his game with more time and playing in a better team.

Another factor which shouldn't be underestimated is that a player like Cantwell would genuinely jump at the chance to play for Villa. Same with Ings, they seem like grounded people genuinely happy to have the opportunity offered. I reckon we are working quietly and diligently in the background and this will happen shortly after the Grealish news is announced.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

Maybe Cantwell might not be so bad after all. 😃 (Apologise if already posted).

That is a great clip and shows similarities to Grealish, but also assets of his game which we have lacked in the team in recent years. His off the ball movement looks very good, he is clearly an intelligent player who can weight a pass and operates in dangerous areas of the pitch without buckling under pressure. No brainer for me, lets get this guy through the door

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If this happens, I'll be very interested in how Norwich spend the £75m we've given them.

We can help them with that. 

Hourihane £5m

Davis £10

Trezeguet £20m

Then they can spend the other £40m on Tammy. 

As a favour to a friend of course. 

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

We can help them with that. 

Hourihane £5m

Davis £10

Trezeguet £20m

Then they can spend the other £40m on Tammy. 

As a favour to a friend of course. 

Give them Hourihane, Davis & Trez in exchange for Cantwell?

Don't understand the hate for him from some on here. Thought he was their standout player in the home Christmas fixture a couple of seasons back. Represents the best like-for-like Jack replacement available to us at the moment, albeit not at the same level....yet

• Like 2

Just now, chips'ngravy said:

epresents the best like-for-like Jack replacement available to us at the moment, albeit not at the same level....yet

tbh watching skysports hightlight video on Bailey ..he might be the Jack like for like ... he's got some skills and tricks , likes to run at defenders and the amount of balls he put in the box for his team mates to miss from 6yards was uncannily similar 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

tbh watching skysports hightlight video on Bailey ..he might be the Jack like for like ... he's got some skills and tricks , likes to run at defenders and the amount of balls he put in the box for his team mates to miss from 6yards was uncannily similar 

Must admit I don't know anything about Bailey other than everyone saying how good he is. Will be nice to have a few different creative sources if that is the case though.

55 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's a good player, but we'll have to pay a fortune. I'm confident there's many better options available for the outlay.

Norwich fan pal of mine says he's kicked on in the last year and realised he needs to work hard as well as swan about trying to create. Always wants the ball which is a usually a very good sign for me.

They won't, they'll plan for the championship like always

Wouldn't pay £40-£50 mill for him, but how many offensive players do we want?

what about the central midfield, its not strong enough, we need some dominance and consistency in there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I take it all back. Sign him up! 😆 

Its just one moment in a game, we need industry and consistency to us some control in games.

Surely if any professional armed with a bucket load of cash got charged with finding a replacement for Jack grealish and came up with tod cantwell that is grounds for an ultimate wedgy? 

Surely if he is brought in it is as a rotation player with room to improve? No way is he even close to Bailey or Buendia. Thought the main draw with him was that he's sitting on a contract that expires next season and he'd been possible to bring in on the cheap before they lose him for free next summer.

I think we'll get him without breaking the bank. Only one year left on his contract, and Norwich just aren't in a position as a club to turn down £30m. Makes more sense to sell him now, than get relegated and sell him next summer.

If we sign this player whilst he plays a similar position and has some similar quaities I think it would be better not to think of him as Grealish's replacement, Bailey and Buendia between them will hopefully go a long way in replacing what we've lost in Grealish and hopefully along with other new signings make us better as a team.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if this link is a smokescreen and we sign a completely different player but that plays a similar role to him, but if he does sign though would be far from disappointed.

Â