Todd Cantwell

TreeVillan

On 31/07/2021 at 22:20, Junxs said:

It wouldn't be £40m as he only has 1 year on his contract, don't know who Cahrlie Wyett is but he's talking nonsense

£15m (maximum) would probably get him, or we can take him free next summer

I read somewhere there's an option for an extra year in his contract, so he's likely got 2 years left on his deal. Still too expensive at £40m, though.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I would feel a bit sorry for Norwich if we pulled apart their team just when they get back to the Premier League. 

**** them, the disrespect they showed us as a club when we signed Buendia was shocking.  I hope we buy him and he never gets a game just to piss them off. And I hope they buy Drinkwater with the fee. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

**** them, the disrespect they showed us as a club when we signed Buendia was shocking.  I hope we buy him and he never gets a game just to piss them off. And I hope they buy Drinkwater with the fee. 

To be fair I think that was a bit of heat of the moment rage, much like how we’re venting off at Man City at the moment. I had a look at their Big Pink One a few days later and it had all calmed down a bit (no I’m not a doctor). 

5 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

To be fair I think that was a bit of heat of the moment rage, much like how we’re venting off at Man City at the moment. I had a look at their Big Pink One a few days later and it had all calmed down a bit (no I’m not a doctor). 

tenor.gif

46 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I would feel a bit sorry for Norwich if we pulled apart their team just when they get back to the Premier League. 

I wouldn't. That's their business model. They are already preparing for next season's promotion push. 

13 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

I agree 40mil is a bit steep but if we have the money to spend I'd be very happy with this signing.

How can a player with 1 year left on his contract cost 40M?  I'm thinking more around 15M or so - and that's only because they know we have the money.

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

How can a player with 1 year left on his contract cost 40M?  I'm thinking more around 15M or so - and that's only because they know we have the money.

I agree, that's just the figure being thrown around in the thread.

Â