Todd Cantwell

TreeVillan

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

**** them, the disrespect they showed us as a club when we signed Buendia was shocking.  I hope we buy him and he never gets a game just to piss them off. And I hope they buy Drinkwater with the fee. 

I sort of get where they're coming from.

Imagine if Jack left for West Ham just after we got promoted, and then they came in and bought McGinn as well. That's effectively what's going on here from the Norwich perspective. He's not Jack Grealish but Buendia was one of the best players in memory for Norwich.

12 hours ago, villa89 said:

I wouldn't. That's their business model. They are already preparing for next season's promotion push. 

Only because they don’t have billionaire owners pumping money into the club like us or Man City do. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Only because they don’t have billionaire owners pumping money into the club like us or Man City do. 

That's football I'm afraid, you buy success. I'm sure other Championship clubs are jealous of the money Norwich have compared to them. 

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

That's football I'm afraid, you buy success. I'm sure other Championship clubs are jealous of the money Norwich have compared to them. 

I assume you’re not sad about Grealish leaving then if you can’t understand Norwich fans being sad about us taking their players? 

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I assume you’re not sad about Grealish leaving

Nope, it's football. The wealthiest teams buy the best players and win the trophies. That's why I;ve lost a lot of interest in the game and much prefer sports like NFL. I'm just surprised Jack has stayed this long, best of luck to him I'd also leave for city if I was him.  

Anyway back on topic, good move here showing interest in him. Even if we don't sign him we might be in pole position to get him when his contract is up next year. It also reminds him not to bother signing a new contract with Delia. 

Edited by villa89

12 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Todd for the love of christ stay away.

Your not Jack and If you come here you will be crushed under the weight of expectation. 

Most don't seem to rate him for some strange reason, so if he comes here and does reasonably well then maybe it'll work out? Oh what am I saying? The fans that have already written him off will never change their narrow minds. 

5 minutes ago, sne said:

He only has 1 year left on his contract, anything over £10m is too much.

He's worth more than that. Not the £40m quoted, but definitely above 10

2 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

He's worth more than that. Not the £40m quoted, but definitely above 10

Depends on if he intends to sign a new contract with them, if he doesn't then he leaves for free next summer.

Doubt we'd be getting even £50m for Grealish if he only had 1 year left on his contract. Obviously we have richer owners than Norwich so less need to sell on the cheap.

Please God no.

There’s literally no way this player is the best way to spend £40m. Chukwuemeka will probably be better than him in 1-2 years.

Would be a dreadful signing. There are hundreds of better, cheaper players abroad. 

The £40m price tag is surely from the Norwich-friendly press. 

Parking their valuation to one side for a moment, do we think he would improve the team? 

Personally, I think he has the potential to become a very good player, but.... he's called Todd.

Â