Todd Cantwell

TreeVillan

https://www.footballinsider247.com/aston-villa-cantwell-talks/

Aston Villa are in advanced talks to sign Norwich City attacker Todd Cantwell, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

The Midlands giants are closing in on their second big-money capture from Carrow Road this summer after the early-window Emiliano Buendia deal.

A Villa source has told Football Insider that negotiations with Norwich over the transfer of Cantwell are progressing well and there is growing confidence a deal can be done.

Wicked player, would love him to join. But could it be a sign Jack is off? 

Edit: just noticed this is a blacklist source, close thread if need be.

Edited by TreeVillan

He's a very good player, I can understand not wanting him, or feeling that we don't need him, or wanting us to sign better, but i've no idea why people are underrating him to the extent that they are, he's a better player than say Pereira from West Brom for example who many seem desperate for us to sign.

There's no truth to these rumours anyway, he was having a special dinner with Norwich fans tonight and gave a speech on last season's title winning campaign, I hardly think he'd be doing that if he was on the verge of leaving.

7 minutes ago, useless said:

He's a very good player, I can understand not wanting him, or feeling that we don't need him, or wanting us to sign better, but i've no idea why people are underrating him to the extent that they are, he's a better player than say Pereira from West Brom for example who many seem desperate for us to sign.

There's no truth to these rumours anyway, he was having a special dinner with Norwich fans tonight and gave a speech on last season's title winning campaign, I hardly think he'd be doing that if he was on the verge of leaving.

Are they the same people? 

If you honestly believe Cantwell is good enough to take us to the next level, then fair enough. I don't and I seriously doubt the club do either, but que sera. That doesn't mean he's not a good player, but there's a difference between being a good player and being good enough for what we are seemingly looking at.

Better player than many on here think.

Don't quite see where he fits in now though.

We have Jack, Buendia and even Carney (probably in early stages of league cup) who can all play number 10. And McGinn can also be useful there v certain opponents.

Out wide is El Ghazi, Traore, Trez in second half of the season and hopefully a Leon Bailey added to the mix shortly. And of course if Jack or Buendia at number 10 then the other will also be playing out wide.

There's squad depth and then completely overloading in these areas. Cantwell would've been a better pick up last summer considering how Barkley flopped in the end.

58 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

From Leon Bailey... back to the likes of Cantwell, need to go back to sleep and hope | wake up to the news of today again.

Grounhog day style.

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Like 1

Good player, but if we sign Bailey we have

Jack, Buendia, Bailey, Traore, Carney, Ramsey, Ramsey, JPB, AEG & Trez. I'm sure there's a spot for Cantwell there with injuries, loans and I'd assume a sale. But that role would probably be for a season or two and would maybe cost us a Ramsey, Chuk or JPB down the line who could go on to be better players.

He'd be a decent signing but not worth losing a youth player over, and if it was Cantwell instead of Bailey (or ESR previously) then that would be a hell of a downgrade.

So, it's a no from me

• 2 weeks later...
Â