Todd Cantwell

TreeVillan

3 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

Whilst Cantwell isn’t in the same class as Jack, I’ve always been an admirer of him. Good player and find himself in good positions. Was really impressed with him during their season in the Premier League two seasons ago. Reminded me of Lee Hendrie for us back in the day.

Just with less blow and burgers?

Just now, Thug said:

Lol, you do realise that a return of 14 goal scoring actions is actually pretty fantastic?

With the teammates he'll have lined up next to him?  No, that will be the worst of the attacking players.

16 minutes ago, KMitch said:

With the teammates he'll have lined up next to him?  No, that will be the worst of the attacking players.

£60m touted James Maddison in 5th finishing Leicester team managed 13

Mason Mount 11 in 4th finishing Chelsea.

Phil Foden 13

Bukayo Saka 8

You need to recalibrate your expectations.

14 would be pretty fantastic 

Edited by Thug
Added more players

25 minutes ago, Thug said:

Lol, you do realise that a return of 14 goal scoring actions is actually pretty fantastic?

What Bertie scored last season in 2300 minutes and some people don't rate him and you have people wanting to sign ASM with a PL season best return of 3 goals and 5 assists

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nothing against Cantwell, but he would be an extremely underwhelming " replacement " wouldn't he?

I think he offers a lot more than ASM who I've never understood the hype about him

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think he offers a lot more than ASM who I've never understood the hype about him

Haven't seen much of him if I'm honest mate, but he must have something. From the tidbits I've seen of ASM he seems to have exciting potential.

I've seen Norwich bloggers online who are terrified of losing him as well.

I'll admit to being a bit shallow, on this,  just going by the name and where he's coming from. I expected us to go for some sort of sexier " name " to appease.

Then again, I should have learned that sexy names mean nothing ok a system.amy brilliant players are overlooked because of nonsense like that.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

From the tidbits I've seen of ASM he seems to have exciting potential.

He does fancy stuff like Bailey that make people go wow but has terrible end product. He's not as fast as Bailey from what I've seen.

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nothing against Cantwell, but he would be an extremely underwhelming " replacement " wouldn't he?

I do like him as a player he is developing year on year and is still only 23, whilst he's no Jack he still has room to improve with decent coaching.

I'm happy for this one to go either way tbh 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thug said:

When we came up, Jack managed 6 goals and 6 assists that season. Cantwell has done exactly the same at the same age, in fewer minutes.  The season before he managed 6 goals in the premier league for bottom finishing Norwich.  Buendia managed 1 goal in the same team.

He’s underwhelming because his name is Todd Cantwell and he looks a bit like a girl.  He’s a good player.  He’s got an eye for a goal, and he puts in a shift.  He’s got lovely control, and he’s got a bit of a swagger.  I think he’d be a great signing - at the right price obviously.

Yep I agree with this. It's not that he lacks an exotic foreign name, it's that she's got a shit British name, looks like a bit of a fanny and is from Norfolk.

Look past that, and he's got a hell of a lot of talent and potential. I think he'd thrive in our team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thug said:

When we came up, Jack managed 6 goals and 6 assists that season. Cantwell has done exactly the same at the same age, in fewer minutes.  The season before he managed 6 goals in the premier league for bottom finishing Norwich.  Buendia managed 1 goal in the same team.

He’s underwhelming because his name is Todd Cantwell and he looks a bit like a girl.  He’s a good player.  He’s got an eye for a goal, and he puts in a shift.  He’s got lovely control, and he’s got a bit of a swagger.  I think he’d be a great signing - at the right price obviously.

He will also help us keep the ball more. As a replacement for Jack, it’s very like for like. 

Can he play on the left? 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'd like him but can't see us signing more attacking players now. 

I think Axel on loan and one more midfield player and that's us done. 

Would be a massive mistake if we don’t replace Grealish. 

Axel on loan, a defensive midfield and an attacking player should be what we’re targeting. 

Im pretty such Colomosse confirmed that’s who we were targeting as well. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He will also help us keep the ball more. As a replacement for Jack, it’s very like for like. 

Can he play on the left? 

I would be surprised if improving our ball retention wasn't an area that the coaches wanted to focus on.

Having the ball more gives us so much more control over games, whilst alleviating a huge amount of pressure from the defence. 

• Like 2

I don’t see what is so good about Cantwell, and I think we can do better BUT… and it’s a big BUT… isn’t that what a lot of PL fans said about Jack when we were saying how incredible he was? Cantwell is only 23 and the Norwich fans absolutely love him… maybe they’re right, they have seen the most of him after all.

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would be a massive mistake if we don’t replace Grealish. 

Axel on loan, a defensive midfield and an attacking player should be what we’re targeting. 

Im pretty such Colomosse confirmed that’s who we were targeting as well. 

I'm all for having a strong squad and using rotation at times. But without European football are we really in a position to be signing players for £30 million and not starting them? 

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm all for having a strong squad and using rotation at times. But without European football are we really in a position to be signing players for £30 million and not starting them? 

Cantwell would start for us. 

I think we’ll see Cantwell and Ward Prowse come in for around 75m and that will be our lot. 

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t see what is so good about Cantwell, and I think we can do better BUT… and it’s a big BUT… isn’t that what a lot of PL fans said about Jack when we were saying how incredible he was? Cantwell is only 23 and the Norwich fans absolutely love him… maybe they’re right, they have seen the most of him after all.

I don't think this is just an 'other fans' thing.

Just looking at it from a stats perspective(this whole post) it all lines up with the consensus tbh, he looks a good player with potential but not at the level we were hoping(at least yet).

His overall performances across the season last time in the prem were decent, nothing more nothing less, at that same age Grealish had just had his first full season of being unbelievable (admittedly in the championship).

Last season his championship stats are good, but again nowhere near Grealish in either that real breakout year or the year he was the driving force in getting us promoted.

Then the next year(this year for cantwell) Grealish kept up where he left off and did exactly the same only in the prem, I don't really expect the same from cantwell, whilst he was good in the championship I'm not sure he was such a level above.

Compare this to buendia, who (statistically) looks like he was a complete level above in the championship and he looks much more like the Grealish replacement.

But I think because we've known about buendia for a while we'd all like to see that statement and move for someone proven and established as a replacement(not necessarily in the same position) since the Grealish news looks pretty nailed on now, maybe that was what the Ings move was about though.

Â