Todd Cantwell

TreeVillan

55 minutes ago, sne said:

He only has 1 year left on his contract, anything over £10m is too much.

depends what his role with the squad is and i'm personally struggling to see past a 20 starts a season squad player, i dont really get the whole interest if im honest, so if we did get him id hope for £10m bargain and definitely not more than £15m

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I’m well past the stage of doubting DS and Lange, if he’s who they want them get they’ve got my support. 

The club won’t overpay, I think they’ve already proven that with our business over the last 12 months.

• Like 2

Cantwell is a really good player. I think he will really shock some of you. Similar mould to grealish. Already has the connection / understanding with Buendia. If he was called toddinho you lot would be raving about him 

• Like 4

Just now, grobs said:

Cantwell is a really good player. I think he will really shock some of you. Similar mould to grealish. Already has the connection / understanding with Buendia. If he was called toddinho you lot would be raving about him 

No I wouldn’t seen enough of him he is a top end championship player bottom 3 prem league player ok to take it he was 10 million as squad player no way spend what Norwich would want for him 

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Most don't seem to rate him for some strange reason, so if he comes here and does reasonably well then maybe it'll work out? Oh what am I saying? The fans that have already written him off will never change their narrow minds. 

His stats are not great. It's not all about end product of course, but we have a wealth of young talent in midfield ourselves. No point in spending big money on a creative midfielder with 12 goal involvements in 33 Championship games last season. And his last time in Prem he managed just 3 goal involvements. 

We've signed the better Norwich attacking midfielder by a country mile, let's leave them alone now

Edited by est1874

59 minutes ago, est1874 said:

His stats are not great. It's not all about end product of course, but we have a wealth of young talent in midfield ourselves. No point in spending big money on a creative midfielder with 12 goal involvements in 33 Championship games last season. And his last time in Prem he managed just 3 goal involvements. 

We've signed the better Norwich attacking midfielder by a country mile, let's leave them alone now

Stats are far from everything tbh. Jack had 30 goal involvement from 89 games in the championship, for example. 

Norwich fans tend to rate him and they're the ones who watch him week in week out - which for me is a lot more important.

Not sure how he fits in unless Buendia or Bailey play on the left.

FWIW, I like him, I think he's in that Grealish/Smith-Rowe mould, I just don't fully understand how he fits in. Cantwell and JWP would be excellent business if we could get both for a reasonable price.

Â