Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

This. Why can't people wrap their heads around the idea that these highly competitive athletes will want to win at all costs. It's in their nature and it's why they're at the top. He didn't miss on purpose.

They didn't wanna win at all costs with Gerrard at the Helm.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

The problem is it wasn't just the miss. His overall performance was appalling.

Yeah, but it’s not the end of the world is it?

He was bad all game, and probably should have been taken off, but if had scored that nobody would be mentioning that.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They didn't wanna win at all costs with Gerrard at the Helm.

What? Sure they did. Unfortunately for them the team was setup in a way that made it impossible for any of them to shine. Hence why after sacking that word removed we won 3 out of 4 against some really strong opposition.

• Like 1

It’s a worry that we have Buendia, Bailey and Buendia as our midfield/forward options, none of which are really performing at all or consistently enough. They have been bought for goals and creativity and we have nothing else really with that responsibility or expectation in the squad. Looks like we need some more competition.

Just now, thunderball said:

It’s a worry that we have Buendia, Bailey and Buendia as our midfield/forward options, none of which are really performing at all or consistently enough. They have been bought for goals and creativity and we have nothing else really with that responsibility or expectation in the squad. Looks like we need some more competition.

Good day, Bailey, good day. Alas, it was not a good day for him.

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

From the horse's mouth

You said he cost us three points. As in we would have had three, but we got zero.

He's saying he prevented us from coming away with all three, and instead we came away with one.

I don't know why you're dying on this hill.  I'll leave it here because this is starting to feel like a magic eye painting and you're the only one that can't see it.

• Like 1

I think we need to stick with him. Just a few games ago he was starting to look quite good. He has lots of ability but he looks like a player who hasn’t been properly coached. He makes the wrong decision so often. Maybe Emery and co can help him improve. He is so lightweight though that he can’t rely on his body to get himself out of trouble. If his touch or run isn’t perfect or he runs into traffic, he just gets swept aside. He’s 25 so I don’t know how much more he can bulk up. But I think we need to keep the faith with him. We don’t exactly have many better options. 

Â