Tammy Abraham

nick76

43 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Be back in 12 months like most British players that go abroad 

i think this generation has bucked that trend, there's a few of them out there who are relatively successful, especially at youth level, sancho obviously but you've then also got the likes of madueke, griffiths might break through at lyon, lookman, sessegnon and the arsenal kid had loans in the bundesliga, ameachi is at hamburg, oxford is still in germany, so omar richards now, panzo is out in france somewhere, dortmund have another ex city 17 year old winger in their youth set up, rolando vieira at sampdoria

then you have the older guys tomori is at milan, trippier at atletico, smalling is at roma

i dont know if the change now is that there is so much money in the PL that you can go abroad, take the risk, get games, be good be ok be shit but still always be able to come back, louis barry as an example, there will always be a market for him to move back to - if tammy fails then after 2 years a PL will still snap him up, probably with roma getting most of the money back

more players should do it

• Like 2

Good luck Tammy, I hope this move happens for him. What an amazing place to live and work. I grew up in the days of James Richardson / Football Italia and have always had a thing for Serie A and love it when Brits go abroad. I'm not sure how many seasons it'll be before he is purchased by a team here, but in the time he is there, if he does, I think he will be a big success for them.

Tammy needed a consistent run, not rotation. A chance to be first XI and hold down a starting spot, even when banging in goals for Chelsea sometimes it wasn't enough to stay in the team. 

On another note, as an Englishman, I welcome any English forward getting the chance to advance their game and do well. I am not happy with Kane being the first name on the sheet and his latest antics are a disgrace to his employers and his profession. His stock is in decline. 

Good luck Tammy. Take the move. Do well for Roma, and in the medium term let's see if you can up your stock to oust Kane (you'll be competing with Ollie and Ingsy though!).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Good luck Tammy, I hope this move happens for him. What an amazing place to live and work. I grew up in the days of James Richardson / Football Italia and have always had a thing for Serie A and love it when Brits go abroad. I'm not sure how many seasons it'll be before he is purchased by a team here, but in the time he is there, if he does, I think he will be a big success for them.

Tammy needed a consistent run, not rotation. A chance to be first XI and hold down a starting spot, even when banging in goals for Chelsea sometimes it wasn't enough to stay in the team. 

On another note, as an Englishman, I welcome any English forward getting the chance to advance their game and do well. I am not happy with Kane being the first name on the sheet and his latest antics are a disgrace to his employers and his profession. His stock is in decline. 

Good luck Tammy. Take the move. Do well for Roma, and in the medium term let's see if you can up your stock to oust Kane (you'll be competing with Ollie and Ingsy though!).

Best intro music ever!

Good luck Tammy. He should do well there.

I'm rooting for him. He gets far too much disrespect for someone whose career senior numbers are 90 in 209, which includes a loan spell at relegation fodder Swansea and mainly sub appearances for Chelsea last season. At 23 years old.

• Like 4

34m to Roma 👀

That is erm, a bit cheaper than I expected.

I'm surprised we weren't all over this, considering whilst Ings is obviously a good signing at that price it looks like a deal that would make sense for a lot of reasons.

11 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

34m to Roma 👀

That is erm, a bit cheaper than I expected.

I'm surprised we weren't all over this, considering whilst Ings is obviously a good signing at that price it looks like a deal that would make sense for a lot of reasons.

Cut the price for him going abroad 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58242137 

Striker Tammy Abraham has completed a 40m euro (£34m) move to Italian side Roma from Chelsea.

Abraham, Chelsea's joint top scorer last season, joins the Serie A club - managed by former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho - on a five-year deal.

It is understood the deal for the 23-year-old England international includes a buy-back clause set at £68m.

And Tammy has signed for Roma for 34m according to the BBC.  

4 hours ago, Danishlad said:

will be worth twice as much in a couple of years

Hence why the buyback clause is twice as much as the sale price :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Denaldinho said:

I feel bad for him smh He scores goals and nobody wants him (English teams etc).  It's becoming more and more common English players going abroad prove themselves.

I think it was more down to Chelsea not being prepared to sell to other English teams, especially ones they consider rivals. 

• Like 1

Â