Euro 2020 : Quarter finals

BOF

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Thought he was poor. Two huge defensive **** ups which lead to Ukraine having their only real threats in the whole game (if it was Mings, people would be battering him for them). Also didn’t seem to offer much going forward.

Does feel the right hand side of Walker/Stones will let in a goal before too long, got away with it when Werner missed 1st half the other day.

Denmark could really test them given how well Mahele is playing as LWB and while someone like Poulsen isn't the greatest finisher he makes clever runs so I expect they'll centre all their play on trying to get round that side while other wing back will sit and try to stop Shaw's runs.

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Thought he was poor. Two huge defensive **** ups which lead to Ukraine having their only real threats in the whole game (if it was Mings, people would be battering him for them). Also didn’t seem to offer much going forward.

Glad others picked up on this. Playing 3 at the back leaves them very exposed - Stones covered well for Walker’s mistakes tonight. A team that presses and can cross will cause a lot of problems. 

Confident we will win this now. There is too much strength on the bench, 5 subs will prove massive. 

Just now, av1 said:

Confident we will win this now. There is too much strength on the bench, 5 subs will prove massive. 

Yes, I think England’s second 11 would give it a good go as well. 

Make an 11 from all the players that didn’t start today and that is still a top side.

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Yes, I think England’s second 11 would give it a good go as well. 

Make an 11 from all the players that didn’t start today and that is still a top side.

Just for fun.

Johnstone

James        Coady       Mings      Chilwell   

Bellingham       Henderson 

Saka                   Foden               Grealish

DCL

Its incredible strength in depth 

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

Just for fun.

Johnstone

DCL

That would destroy the team we put out tonight 🤪

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

Just for fun.

Johnstone

DCL

Rashford barely played in this tournament so he'd be in ahead of DCL. Sancho only got his first start tonight so technically he could be included in this team aswell and then have likes of Maddison and Alex-Arnold who missed tournament through injury or too many options.

11 minutes ago, Giro said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but fair play to Luke shaw, coming back form that leg break and mourinho constantly slating him. He’s done well

Yes mate, had my doubts early on, seemed to play cautiously early on but found some great spots later on, well done indeed 

20 minutes ago, Giro said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but fair play to Luke shaw, coming back form that leg break and mourinho constantly slating him. He’s done well

Yes hes been excellent

5 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

I don’t know if you know, but you have to go through Denmark to get to the final. It’s not as easy as you think 

Denmark have been very impressive. Be a tough tough game. Hopefully home advantage gives us the edge

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

If you're an England fan, watching us cruise to a 4-0 win in a quarter final, and you're genuinely angry just because your favourite player didn't get to have a game, you might want to consider what you get out of these games and think about knocking it on the head.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Come on we have battered the opposition and have reached a consecutive semi final. You can view the opposition as poor but you can only beat you in front of you.

No goals conceded in 5 games and have scored 6 goals in the last 2 knock out games.

These points are obviously right, and I would actually go a bit further and say it's getting a bit embarrassing watching this forum blow up in fury every time we announce a team sheet, only to go on and win. I mean, I'm not saying we're going to go on and win the whole thing - though there's a decent chance - but at a minimum, I don't think any Danes or Ukrainians (or anyone else for that matter outside England) is sat around watching us not concede a goal, beat Germany, bulldoze our way through a quarter final, and thinking to themselves 'that big nosed idiot can't pick a decent starting XI'.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

These points are obviously right, and I would actually go a bit further and say it's getting a bit embarrassing watching this forum blow up in fury every time we announce a team sheet, only to go on and win. I mean, I'm not saying we're going to go on and win the whole thing - though there's a decent chance - but at a minimum, I don't think any Danes or Ukrainians (or anyone else for that matter outside England) is sat around watching us not concede a goal, beat Germany, bulldoze our way through a quarter final, and thinking to themselves 'that big nosed idiot can't pick a decent starting XI'.

To be honest, my only interest in these games is watching Jack play.

England as a team without my favourite player don't really interest me and you can only wonder at a seeding "system" that has Switzerland, Spain, Belgium and Italy in one half of the draw and England, Ukraine, Czech Republic and Denmark in the other (not to mention Portugal lost somewhere along the way).

If Jack doesn't start in the semifinals, which I fully expect he won't, I doubt I will bother to watch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Could we win this thing and could we win it without conceding a single goal?

It is looking more likely now. 

If we don't concede we will win it

• Haha 1

Â