Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

22 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Haven't really commented on the game yesterday yet, but fair play to Southgate yesterday. I've been very negative about a lot of Southgate's choices but he got it spot on tbh.

I have to agree with that. I'm not his biggest fan but he did the business yesterday. 

8 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Surely it is not beyond the wit of Twitter to find these people and remove them from the platform? 

I just checked them - looks like one account suspended, the others deleted.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I hate those Villa fans that go to games and there's obviously some sort of.. I dunno.. Lack of self care? 

Like.. Massive Nikes with holes in them.. Grey piss-stained jogging bottoms with grub where they've been rubbing their snot on their groins.. or it's probably this mornings wank stains to be honest..  The greasy, scruffy hair.. The gob - always and forever half open to allow their putrid breath to offend anyone within the surrounding 10m of them and the droopy eyes like they've not quite shaken off the last 4 years of hang overs.

I always wished they'd not found out about villa and I mean like.. I'm talking about a good 98% of them.. Football attracts a weird crowd. 

42,000 Jacob Reese-Moggs or Little Lord Fauntleroy's.......should be smashing? 😃

3 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Just notice the Man utd supporter laughing at the little German girl ! what a character.

Loads of people were laughing/cheering at the girl crying.  There was a cheer at the ground and (apparently) in pubs too.

We're dead classy like that.

13 hours ago, maqroll said:

Does Saka get dropped for Jack?

I would. I thought Saka was great against the czechs and good first half yesterday but did he create anything? Jack come on and has a hand in the first goal and then provides a great cross for the second. Foden seems to have dropped down the pecking order. Jack should start. 

31 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Haven't really commented on the game yesterday yet, but fair play to Southgate yesterday. I've been very negative about a lot of Southgate's choices but he got it spot on tbh.

I think if we are all being honest, we was all negative about his selection......you can relate this to us too, you can't just load your team with gungho footballers, as much as it sounds great, it rarely works against tough opposition....because they don't let you play.

We have seen it with our own team and still scammer for it.......Winning games is a combination of hard arduous defending of the ball and slick silky passing and moving......its knowing when to change the dynamic, back and forth, thats key.

They say don't they, "The best time to get your tackles in, is just after you have scored"......its that kind of mind set that wins games.

A couple more thoughts

• I have been impressed with Shaw. Jack-Shaw-Sterling and Shaw-Jack-Kane goals. Thought Shaw when he played with Mings look complementary.
  • Jack did not have a great game yesterday, I thought.
  • Having said that England's dynamic changed when he came on.
  • I was surprised Germany did not clamp down on Jack more. They gave him too long a leash cf the Scotland game.
  • Sterling did not play badly until he tries to go past a couple of defenders.

England did not play badly, but without Jack the build up was slow. Some described it as ponderous. It is almost like Jack can act as a key to the opposition defense. 

8 hours ago, Wurzel said:

Seriously how can there be an argument not to start Jack?

Luke on Football Ramble had the same dumb opinion and basically said people who disagree don’t know about football.

This idea that playing Grealish over Sterling or Saka for example means that England suddenly couldn’t keep it tight and defend is **** ridiculous. He’s got better defensive stats than most the forwards and has had to do it all the time at Villa. How often is Sterling in a Man City side that sits back and keeps it tight?

On 30/06/2021 at 09:41, HanoiVillan said:

Posted elsewhere but I love it, so here it is here too:

Surely that's factually wrong? it should be "Myth of German supremacy exposed once again, in loss to miserable former fishing island of England"

Oh France, please never change :D though Rabiot mom is a troublemaker 

France loss to Switzerland sees spat between Adrien Rabiot's mom, Kylian Mbappe's dad - sources

France international Adrien Rabiot's mother had words with Kylian Mbappe's father in the stands of the National Arena in Bucharest on Monday during Les Bleus' shootout loss to Switzerland, sources told ESPN.

Veronique Rabiot, who is her son Adrien's agent, told Wilfried Mbappe to speak with his son because he was too arrogant and was not playing for the team, according to different sources.

Mbappe's father did not take the criticism well, according to ESPN sources, as things got heated between the two families and voices were raised.

Not long after, Mrs. Rabiot had a similar incident with the family of Paul Pogba. After she shouted at Pogba for losing the ball leading to Switzerland's third goal in the 91st minute of the game, the player's brothers sitting in the stands responded to her by shouting back.

Sources said that the tension was palpable in the stands, with both incidents happening in front of other players' families and France manager Didier Deschamps' relatives, too.

It's not the first time Rabiot's mother and agent has made headlines. In 2019, she accused accused Paris Saint-Germain chairman and CEO Nasser Al-Khelaifi of "poisoning" the team with his treatment of her son when he'd been marginalised in the Ligue 1 club's squad.

Adrien Rabiot now plays for Serie A side Juventus and was a regular in Deschamps' team that exited the 2020 Euro to Switzerland in the round of 16.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/france-fra/story/4423733/france-loss-to-switzerland-sees-spat-between-adrien-rabiots-momkylian-mbappes-dad-sources

19 hours ago, Wurzel said:

Seriously how can there be an argument not to start Jack?

In order to get people to share your video on forums so you get more views and sponsors will pay you more

• Like 1

Controversial opinion but for me Kane is not world class.

Brazilian Ronaldo and Henry completely changed the way i looked on strikers and the term world class.

If you can't create your own chances and is reliable on premium service then you're not world class for me.

19 hours ago, bobzy said:

Loads of people were laughing/cheering at the girl crying.  There was a cheer at the ground and (apparently) in pubs too.

We're dead classy like that.

Yeah because it was **** hilarious

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Someone mentioned the 'pantomime' of football, but there are lines.

Collywobble compiled some of the real peachers.

Yet another reason the only outlet I use is VillaTalk and don’t bother with any social media platforms.

So pleased were the benchmark of morality here . . . 

The Grinch Smile GIF

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Surely that's factually wrong? it should be "Myth of German supremacy exposed once again, in loss to miserable former fishing island of England"

News of Brexit may not have reached the 'DPRK News Service' yet :D

• Haha 3

Â