Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Most definitely but Southgate has to learn very quickly before Saturday about not starting with 8 defensive players and play so negatively 

Best defence is going to win this tournament.

• Like 3

If Southgate’s tactics work then great, I’ll accept that he knows what he’s doing and enjoy the celebration of winning the Euros. It won’t remove the frustration of what this team could be, we saw a couple of glimpses when Jack came on, but we could be so much better than what we’ve watched over the last four games. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, nick76 said:

I agree but 7 defensive players maybe enough or at least better than 8

I want all out attack but because of the season gone I think stinking your way through will win the tournament this year. 

He proved me wrong,  Jack coming on changed the game, simple. Shaw had more space. We have an embarrassing amount of talent I think we could field 2 teams and either of them would challenge. Defense was awesome and Philips......the one that got away from us.

Credit were credit is due, we're in the next round and Jack getting game time and making a difference

He still has more to offer and I think we will see more when he comes on  when we are behind and there is more impetus to attack rather than keeping the game tight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Absolutely flabbergasted - only word for it - by how bad Germany were. I've been watching tourneys since the Berlin wall came down and I have never, ever, seen them play that poorly.

Could their opponents have had something to do with that?

• Like 1

So BBC commentators basically place Jack back on the bench because it's good to have players off the bench who can change he game. 

I despair. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yes mate, I would have taken anything because I had no faith in the coach. 

Yeah but he had a plan and he executed it. I’m happy with that 

• Like 2

Â