Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He was direct, took players on, made a great run in the first half which led to a good chance for Kane and he carried it on in the second half, not only that he did a fair amount of defensive work too. 

See, watch that again.  He drove forwards with the ball.  Sakko was out unmarked to the right of him to be slipped in.  Instead he took the ball on himself and ran into 3 defenders.  He was extremely lucky that it ricochet off the defender straight to Kane who had a poor first touch.

So essentially he **** it up again by being too greedy.  As he does again and again and again. 

Without the ricochet which could have gone anywhere he would have been getting pearlers for not making a simple pass to Sakko. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I hope Sweden win this, mainly for the Swedish fans on VT. But also for the pervy cameraman shots of the pretty Swedish ladies on Saturday. 

I’d be staggered if the Swedish totty can out totty the Ukrainian totty 

• Like 4

I was pretty pessimistic before the game, but end of the day as @Stevo985 pointed out before the match, if we won this it would be our best knockout win since 66 measured by the quality of the opponent . . . and we won. So fair play Southgate, it wasn't exactly the prettiest, but got the job done and it's an incredible victory really.

Looking at these two teams tonight, there's nothing to suggest we shouldn't be going in as favourites, but need to not get carried away. Switzerland and Czech Republic have reminded us no-one gets this far without a decent performance in their locker.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Let battle commence! However wins, we win!

However, whoever loses also wins. no doubt whatsoever. Whosoever dares challenge me?

• Haha 1

Â