Julián Álvarez

Delphinho123

This would be such a great signing and someone who could be eased into the team and be a real star in a couple of years. Obviously between September and Christmas when he’s mostly coming in as a sub to get used to the league this thread will be a nightmare and by June he’ll have been written off but second season I would think he’ll be fantastic :)

45 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I will eat corned beef all week if this happens.

To celebrate? Look at Mister Fancypants here who is too good for spam

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we sign him, I hope there is absolutely no expectation on him whatsoever and he can be eased into the squad as and when the coaching team see fit.

For 10m, he’s a very small gamble. 

yeah agree, which is why i said previously, i would be happy to sign him as kind of....a development player?, or a player to come in with limited expectation and see how he does.

If we did sign Alvarez imo that shouldnt be considered remotely a replacement for ESR, we would still need a quality no.10 or similar.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we sign him, I hope there is absolutely no expectation on him whatsoever and he can be eased into the squad as and when the coaching team see fit.

4e3.gif

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

How many number 10's do we need? We already have Jack and Emi who are among the best in the league. Then we have this lad (if we get him) and Young and Traore who could also play there. 

Thought he was more of a RW/attacker?

Edited by sne

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

How many number 10's do we need? We already have Jack and Emi who are among the best in the league. Then we have this lad (if we get him) and Young and Traore who could also play there. 

but ideally Jack & Emi could be playing LW & RW respectively.

If we could get one quality CAM (like ESR), that would give us Grealish - ESR (or similar) - Buendia, with Traore, Young etc as other options, to me that looks a lot better than what we have had previously, for me Trez and Ghazi are not good competition.

In terms of Alvarez, for the 10m mooted, he might be a good development option to see if he is a) only an average 10m player, or b) could he develop in to a 40m+ player who would shine in our first 11?, for 10m i would take the pop on that also.

30 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I give it 1-2 games before someone on here completely writes him off. 

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Thought he was more of a RW/attacker?

Can play on the right but more often as a second striker. 

As the guy keeping Emi Buendia out of the Argentina squad he’s no development signing. 

• Thanks 1

Â