Julián Álvarez

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I will give it to you, you are right that if we can get an excellent player for dirt cheap it makes sense to make that type of move than spend 40 million on another forward.

Traitor GIF by memecandy

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Just checked out the biggest River Plate forum.  Not a single mention of Aston Villa in the Alvarez thread so far this summer.  Plenty of debate with regards to whether or not he should have been in the Argentina squad for Copa America or Buendia...  TBH, it looks like they were divided on that front.

And we could potentially line up with both of them. 

The forums of the mighty River Plate talking about 3 Villa players…let that sink in. 

28 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

You can really see him working brilliantly with Jack and Emi, threading the ball through to Ollie. Get your cash in Ollie to be top scorer now!

Not sure if that was said in jest or not, and I’m not sure I’d be staking too much money on that bet, but highest scoring Englishman is something I definitely wouldn’t bet against. Especially if Kane remains at Spurs. 

49 minutes ago, av1 said:

Not sure if that was said in jest or not, and I’m not sure I’d be staking too much money on that bet, but highest scoring Englishman is something I definitely wouldn’t bet against. Especially if Kane remains at Spurs. 

50/50 chance kane is going to be out for half the season so I think there are fair odds that Ollie could do it. Maybe most non-penalty goals. 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Ollie could do it. Maybe most non-penalty goals. 

Penalties are definitely something he should be working on, I’m sure he is. It’s probably a confidence thing, if he can settle with a technique and a routine that he’s confident with and can bang one in, hopefully that will get him going. He’s probably going to be on the pitch for the majority of games, all being well, so we could do with him being our penalty taker. 

Hope Alvarez joins us too. 

6 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

If he signs would this mean we are still in the market for a number 10? Or is it a case of Jack, Buendia and Alvarez all switching at different times?

i would think it still means we are in for a forward player, whether that be a CAM, or winger.

39 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

No idea if reliable but just sharing just in case 🤷‍♂️

This reddit comment probably best encapsulates how reliable he is.

"No, this guy is an absolute joke. He basically deletes and tweets nonsense all the time until something sticks."

That seems to be the consensus on him across multiple subreddits too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

This reddit comment probably best encapsulates how reliable he is.

"No, this guy is an absolute joke. He basically deletes and tweets nonsense all the time until something sticks."

That seems to be the consensus on him across multiple subreddits too.

Fairs, thanks for confirming.

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Traitor GIF by memecandy

Well if we're not going for Tammy id rather it be this Alvarez than have Davis or Wesley as back up to Watkins.

4 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

If he signs would this mean we are still in the market for a number 10? Or is it a case of Jack, Buendia and Alvarez all switching at different times?

I don’t think we will see him coming right in. Think he’ll be backup for Watkins/a substitute wing option for the first season. 

Just now, Adam2003 said:

I don’t think we will see him coming right in. Think he’ll be backup for Watkins/a substitute wing option for the first season. 

Yeah the guy is going to need time to settle and adapt.

Â