Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

56 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

interesting watch, he's a strange player to assess.

He looks fairly combative, more than i expected tbh, but he does look like a bit of a Jack style player, quite languid in his style, not fast but seems to be able to keep the ball and has some wonderful intricate passing ability.

If we could get him for 35m i would say yes please!, it does make you wonder what players we could get elsewhere around the world for 35m though, Raphinha was 16m, Soucek was 15m, Eze was 16m, Tielemans was 40m, but yeah, im not against it if we could get him for 35m at all, does make you wonder who else is on our list!

Likes a toe poke

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Traore was signed last summer with a far bigger impact on european football than Buendia and he's been hit and miss so far so I simply don't see Buendia on his own transforming us into top 6 team.

Buendia was 2nd behind KDB for chances created last time Norwich were in PL but had crap teammates who couldn't convert. You're so wrong on this one. Remember to reply to this comment end of seasons after Buendia tears up 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Jack was hardly taking the league by storm at 20 years of age. 

fair doos forgot how young the guy still is...ignore me!

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Buendia was 2nd behind KDB for chances created last time Norwich were in PL but had crap teammates who couldn't convert. You're so wrong on this one. Remember to reply to this comment end of seasons after Buendia tears up 

I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong, I just don't think he on his own will get us close to top 6 and we must be realistic about that. I'm not even saying Buendia is even that bad a player btw....but he didn't make final cut for Argentina while likes of De Paul and Papu Gomez did so need to remember that as those two are more than proven in the top leagues as things stand.

Pukki scored 9 prem goals in his first 17 games so scoring wasn't a problem for Norwich, more a poor backline.

Edited by VillaChris

30 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Jack was hardly taking the league by storm at 20 years of age. 

No he didn't.

He also played under one of the worst PL managers ever, and in one of the worst PL teams ever.

Hardly comparable.

• Like 1

The biggest similarity he has with Jack is the ability to make the right decision at the right time reliably. The instances he releases the ball and the weight he puts on them are almost always on the money, just like Jack. He doesn't have Jack's dribbling skills, but his creativity and vision are pretty similar. In a fluid attacking team, essentially having 3 Jacks in the side would be absolutely deadly. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

That is utterly scandalous reporting by the BBC. I accept that commercial news outlets have to sell papers and clicks. Please tell me what the national broadcaster’s motivation is to peddle this unfounded rubbish?

A broken and corrupt organisation, blinded by celebrity and their ridiculous notions of what they think the public want to hear. It’s mind blowing how out of touch with reality they are. Let’s not forget that they at best hid and at worst facilitated the odious and unthinkable acts of a serial paedophile for decades. How many more have they and are they still hiding and employing? Close it down!!!

british buggering corperation

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

how much longer are we going to try arsenal wont let him go  and we need to strenghten squad still

Today is the first day of preseason. Arsenal aren't back for another 2 days.

Loads of time yet.

46 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The biggest similarity he has with Jack is the ability to make the right decision at the right time reliably. The instances he releases the ball and the weight he puts on them are almost always on the money, just like Jack. He doesn't have Jack's dribbling skills, but his creativity and vision are pretty similar. In a fluid attacking team, essentially having 3 Jacks in the side would be absolutely deadly. 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

if this is arsenals best young talent then based on this their decline has been more severe than i thought

or i've been watching jack too much and everyone else looks crap in comparisson...

This is a big issue watching football, honestly. Hardly anyone comes close.

I'll be watching the Euros semi-finals and players will constantly do stupid things or waste an opportunity and I think...Jack would never do that.

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

This is a big issue watching football, honestly. Hardly anyone comes close.

I'll be watching the Euros semi-finals and players will constantly do stupid things or waste an opportunity and I think...Jack would never do that.

Watch some highlights of Camavinga ( I just did )... you might have to revise that.

Also... Ronaldo and Messi ain't too shabby either.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong, I just don't think he on his own will get us close to top 6 and we must be realistic about that. I'm not even saying Buendia is even that bad a player btw....but he didn't make final cut for Argentina while likes of De Paul and Papu Gomez did so need to remember that as those two are more than proven in the top leagues as things stand.

Pukki scored 9 prem goals in his first 17 games so scoring wasn't a problem for Norwich, more a poor backline.

Then 3 the rest of the season. Buendia kept creating chances but didn't get any assists. Probably because pukki squandered them all. 

If we're going down the road of comparing signings to Jack, then we're on a slippery slope. 

The better consideration is how a signing might play with someone like Jack (Kenneth). How someone like Jack could bring out more in their game and how someone like ESR could potentially bring out even more in Jack. 

A front 4 of Watkins, Grealish, Smith-Rowe and Buendia would be absolutely mental. Ridiculously high class in terms of work-rate and ability from the front with so much creativity behind Ollie with attacking midfielders who aren't afraid of grafting without the ball. 

The likes of Traore/Ramsey/El Ghazai to come on against defences run ragged is an exciting prospect. 

Smith-Rowe isn't Grealish, but damn does he look like someone who likes to play with the freedom, pace and quick thought going forward that makes us the sort of side who could put 7 (should have been more) past the reigning champions of the league at that point. 

• Like 2