Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

2 more pages to catch up Matty Cash, smashing. 

No offense to Matty, but ESR is a much higher profile signing and the speculation has drawn out for quite a while now.

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

No offense to Matty, but ESR is a much higher profile signing and the speculation has drawn out for quite a while now.

If your full backs have a long thread then that's usually not a good sign.

EDIT: Original post was written by an idiot

Edited by sparrow1988

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Everyone needs to head over to Mattys thread to check out his new bird.

that should bump it up about 25 pages or so…

😜

Edited by Steero113

Must admit to not even knowing who he was before seeing this thread.

Tend not to focus on other teams and I really dislike Arsenal which makes it potentially quite funny if we do sign Smith-Rowe.

Surely they would be mad to sell him to Villa, if they do it looks like they are in freefall.

Arteta must be a favourite for the sack race?

46 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Yes there was virtually no speculation before Matt signed. It was more or less just welcome to the club Matt. 

Great signing though. I know expectations are probably higher for ESR, but if he does as well as Matty Cash he’ll be tremendous for us. If he signs of course, before anyone spills their sparkling mineral water. 

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

90% sure he'll sign a new deal. On some big fat terms.

For their image, for their current XI, Arsenal cannot sell him to us.

Expecting the people who clearly had no idea how big a backlash the so-called 'Super League' would cause, or who at the very least didn't care enough about whatever backlash they expected it to cause, to suddenly understand the value of a player outside of their market value is wide of the mark. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

The level of speculation tells me this may not actually be happening. Don't get me wrong I want this to come thru but our front office usually closes a deal quickly.  Buendia and Young both happened within a week of the first info coming to light. We don't usually drag things out like this. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Basically the so-called 'Super League' proved beyond any doubt that all those in charge of Arsenal FC care about is money. 

Their board doesn't care what their fans think of them.  Fans will still buy tickets & kits and watch them on TV, all making them money.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

The level of speculation tells me this may not actually be happening. Don't get me wrong I want this to come thru but our front office usually closes a deal quickly.  Buendia and Young both happened within a week of the first info coming to light. We don't usually drag things out like this. 

True, but the delays in this seem to be coming from Arsenal not us. It seems more likely that we want him in and he's the top target for the position and because there's a chance it'll happen, we haven't moved on to another option yet. If Arsenal had flat out told us there was no deal to be done, we wouldn't still be loitering with intent.

21 minutes ago, KMitch said:
  • ESR was on holiday, so the club is probably 100% communicating through his agent
  • He probably prefers to stay at Arsenal, but he contract offer was laughable
  • His agent pulled us into the conversation, knowing what we'd offer him and hoping Arsenal would match it
  • Arsenal have no real intentions of selling OR paying him what we'd offer him, so they're happy to reject the initial bids and wait
  • Arsenal, ESR's Reps, & Villa are in the middle of a Mexican standoff, waiting for him to return to training to have a conversation with the player personally
  • Going to guess the Arsenal staff will sit him down and discuss where he fits in the team and future plans for him
  • If he likes what they're selling him, he'll sign the contract in front of him and Villa will go after our next target
  • If he doesn't like how that conversation goes, he'll reject the contract, his agent may call Villa back and say he's dead set on leaving, then the 3rd bid will come in
  • Arsenal will probably decide to cash in on him at this point if he won't sign a new deal, while his stock is relatively high.  

Exactly my take and well summarised, in my opinion.

24 minutes ago, KMitch said:
  • ESR was on holiday, so the club is probably 100% communicating through his agent
  • He probably prefers to stay at Arsenal, but he contract offer was laughable
  • His agent pulled us into the conversation, knowing what we'd offer him and hoping Arsenal would match it
  • Arsenal have no real intentions of selling OR paying him what we'd offer him, so they're happy to reject the initial bids and wait
  • Arsenal, ESR's Reps, & Villa are in the middle of a Mexican standoff, waiting for him to return to training to have a conversation with the player personally
  • Going to guess the Arsenal staff will sit him down and discuss where he fits in the team and future plans for him
  • If he likes what they're selling him, he'll sign the contract in front of him and Villa will go after our next target
  • If he doesn't like how that conversation goes, he'll reject the contract, his agent may call Villa back and say he's dead set on leaving, then the 3rd bid will come in
  • Arsenal will probably decide to cash in on him at this point if he won't sign a new deal, while his stock is relatively high.  

Yeah, I see it exactly the same.