Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just saw the list of Europe's top 20 most valuable clubs yesterday.

Was mental to see how much we have grown and caught up.

We actually aren't even that far away from arsenal anymore.

EDIT: Will need to try and find that list again, was posted on FB.

It was from transfermarkt and it was based on their valuation of the squad. I believe we were in the mid-high £4XXm and Arsenal were low-mid £5XXm. It felt about right to me.

4 hours ago, hippo said:

That's a 3 line gossip column. Chill out ! - you want the BBC closed down because they are speculating on Grealish to Man City ????

Jesus Boris has really done a number on you.

The stuff they write about football is just annoyingly biased towards the perceived big clubs. There is plenty of stuff written about BBC bias a lot of it quite dangerous but hey ho. I’m less inclined to be so dismissive of rampant paedophilia. 

I should possibly be disappointed in myself that stuff about football raises my ire, when really I should be more inclined to anger by other much more important issues that the national broadcaster have been and probably still is involved in. 

Boris hasn’t done a number on me but the BBC has clearly pulled the wool over your eyes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Imagine being the finance director at Arsenal, seeing a big gaping £500m hole in the books then having a 20 year old with bags of potential but without the name recognition banging on the door asking for an £80k a week over 5 years.

Then Villa rock up with a big sack with “swag” written on it containing £35m in cash and a contract for the kid, as well as a ‘guaranteed’ spot in the first XI next to his hero.

When viewed through the lens of reality, this would hardly be the most surprising transfer in football history, massive statement or not.

Key word 'would'  - this is still highly unlikely to happen IMO 

I think this one will happen and for less overall than Buendia’s eventual cost. Neither signing will be our most expensive addition of the summer. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

I think this one will happen and for less overall than Buendia’s eventual cost. Neither signing will be our most expensive addition of the summer. 

You sound like you have inside info

12 minutes ago, Awol said:

200.gif

Be surprised if anyone gets this

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

The Simpsons - the most overrated and least funny TV show of all time.

**runs for cover**

I agree with you....but I'm standing behind you when the onslaught comes from others.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

The Simpsons - the most overrated and least funny TV show of all time.

**runs for cover**

Definitely lost its way after around season 15. Maybe even earlier. Or maybe I just got old.

But the first 10 or so seasons were gold dust.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The stuff they write about football is just annoyingly biased towards the perceived big clubs. There is plenty of stuff written about BBC bias a lot of it quite dangerous but hey ho. I’m less inclined to be so dismissive of rampant paedophilia. 

I should possibly be disappointed in myself that stuff about football raises my ire, when really I should be more inclined to anger by other much more important issues that the national broadcaster have been and probably still is involved in. 

Boris hasn’t done a number on me but the BBC has clearly pulled the wool over your eyes. 

There's a lot to unpack here, but it's probably better done by a trained psychotherapist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Definitely lost its way after around season 15. Maybe even earlier. Or maybe I just got old.

But the first 10 or so seasons were gold dust.

Yeah sadly it's been shit for about twice as long as it was brilliant, a bit like Ross Barkley last season.

• Haha 2