Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

1 hour ago, KMitch said:
  • ESR was on holiday, so the club is probably 100% communicating through his agent
  • He probably prefers to stay at Arsenal, but he contract offer was laughable
  • His agent pulled us into the conversation, knowing what we'd offer him and hoping Arsenal would match it
  • Arsenal have no real intentions of selling OR paying him what we'd offer him, so they're happy to reject the initial bids and wait
  • Arsenal, ESR's Reps, & Villa are in the middle of a Mexican standoff, waiting for him to return to training to have a conversation with the player personally
  • Going to guess the Arsenal staff will sit him down and discuss where he fits in the team and future plans for him
  • If he likes what they're selling him, he'll sign the contract in front of him and Villa will go after our next target
  • If he doesn't like how that conversation goes, he'll reject the contract, his agent may call Villa back and say he's dead set on leaving, then the 3rd bid will come in
  • Arsenal will probably decide to cash in on him at this point if he won't sign a new deal, while his stock is relatively high.  

Yeh, I'm with you here. I'm not sure he necessarily has to be at training or physically in front of the decision makers at Arsenal to make a call though. Ultimately it will come down to money and if ESR can get 80k here and they're only offering 40-50k, then it will get very interesting. 

If Arsenal do want Locatelli, Maddison and White then they'll have to sell a few. Those three alone would cost around 150m and thats before they've addressed their keeper and right back situation. 

Arsenal need to get back into the top 4 and must be thinking what is the quickest route back. Is that by developing your own players in the hope they evolve into the real deal. Or do they try and buy the finished product in the hope that gets them back quicker ? Saka is obviously not going anywhere, do they have time/space for ESR or do they sacrifice him to sign to get someone like Brandt or? My take is he will stay and not sign a new contract right away and see at Xmas or next summer based on mins played. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Arsenal need to get back into the top 4 and must be thinking what is the quickest route back. Is that by developing your own players in the hope they evolve into the real deal. Or do they try and buy the finished product in the hope that gets them back quicker ? Saka is obviously not going anywhere, do they have time/space for ESR or do they sacrifice him to sign to get someone like Brandt or? My take is he will stay and not sign a new contract right away and see at Xmas or next summer based on mins played. 

Been thinking this too, much like us when we were being relegated/trying to get promoted, we were unable to try any of the kids to get us out the hole and Ars can't risk that either now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KMitch said:
  • ESR was on holiday, so the club is probably 100% communicating through his agent
  • He probably prefers to stay at Arsenal, but he contract offer was laughable
  • His agent pulled us into the conversation, knowing what we'd offer him and hoping Arsenal would match it
  • Arsenal have no real intentions of selling OR paying him what we'd offer him, so they're happy to reject the initial bids and wait
  • Arsenal, ESR's Reps, & Villa are in the middle of a Mexican standoff, waiting for him to return to training to have a conversation with the player personally
  • Going to guess the Arsenal staff will sit him down and discuss where he fits in the team and future plans for him
  • If he likes what they're selling him, he'll sign the contract in front of him and Villa will go after our next target
  • If he doesn't like how that conversation goes, he'll reject the contract, his agent may call Villa back and say he's dead set on leaving, then the 3rd bid will come in
  • Arsenal will probably decide to cash in on him at this point if he won't sign a new deal, while his stock is relatively high.  

My take on this in completely different because I like to be contrary. 

• Haha 1

To service what that owe and what they want to spend this summer, Arsenal need cash, and they only have so many ways of raising it.  They will pick the least worse method of achieving this.

If selling ESR for £35m up front is their least worse option, then that’s what they will do.  If it’s not, they’ll likely keep him.  This is a cash flow thing, rather than a value thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villaphil said:

To service what that owe and what they want to spend this summer, Arsenal need cash, and they only have so many ways of raising it.  They will pick the least worse method of achieving this.

If selling ESR for £35m up front is their least worse option, then that’s what they will do.  If it’s not, they’ll likely keep him.  This is a cash flow thing, rather than a value thing.

Exactly. When you earn good money, get carried away with a posh house, new car, credit card Holidays and expensive clothes, at some point you run out of cash.  This is when you sell your nans engagement ring on eBay to pay for some shoes you bought 5 years ago on a store card

For all our talk of a club in free flow financial crisis - Arsenals sleeve sponsorship deal with Visit Rwanda was worth more than our combined sponsorship deals… Their income completely dwarves ours and with fans back this coming season financial pressure will be somewhat relieved for them. We have a hell of a long way to go until we can compete regularly against them financially, but we seem to be on the right path.

Signing ESR will be our game changing transfer if we can pull it off… Arsenal will replace him probs with a finished foreign name and all will soon be forgotten as we both move on. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Don't think Villa will want to wait too much longer...Smith-Rowe must be back to pre-season training soon.

Interesting.

Rating your own post? Vanity gone mad.

Observant.

22 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

It's funny how Arsenal fans are going absolutely Bonkers at our fans all over twitter. We seem to keep winding them up and they can't stand the way were saying we're a bigger club than them.

It's hard to resist joining in with it all to be fair.

Even on the ArsenalMania fan site it seems they have had enough of it all now. 

There club is in a mess and the only way they're digging out of itlockquote widget

Edited by Dave-R

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

we've been plumping, preparing, prepping, considering, waiting to slap in, positioning, putting together a third bid for what feels like weeks now.

It's been 4 days at most the third bid thing.

Selling Smith Rowe is their 2nd Worst option though. Saka, Smith-Rowe, Tierney are the 3 they will want to keep at almost any cost I think theyd rather sell anybody than those 3 (in that order). 

It's more can they shift Willian, Xhaka and Willock in time enough so that they don't have to accept our bid for ESR to get what they want out of the window.

They need to raise money but selling ESR will be second only to Saka as a 'nuclear' option for them. Although I imagine PEA and Lacazette are up there too but their ages probably make them more stomachable if it came to it.

Just now, VillanousOne said:

the key being 'feels like weeks' i'm just impatient

Yeah we may get to a fourth or fifth bid at this rate mate. I agree as well it does feel like it's taking forever. We don't even know if all this is true do we and both sides of fans are getting wild over it lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

we've been plumping, preparing, prepping, considering, waiting to slap in, positioning, putting together a third bid for what feels like weeks now.

First we’re likely to hear is signing imminent if a 3rd bid actually going somewhere. No one will leak if it’s leading towards an agreement 

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Selling Smith Rowe is their 2nd Worst option though. Saka, Smith-Rowe, Tierney are the 3 they will want to keep at almost any cost I think theyd rather sell anybody than those 3 (in that order). 

It's more can they shift Willian, Xhaka and Willock in time enough so that they don't have to accept our bid for ESR to get what they want out of the window.

They need to raise money but selling ESR will be second only to Saka as a 'nuclear' option for them. Although I imagine PEA and Lacazette are up there too but their ages probably make them more stomachable if it came to it.

Was reading the forums and it certainly comes across as selling ESR would be there worst mistake to them, why not as well considering how long he's been there and he's basically there player who loves the club to bits. Losing ESR would prove there club is in complete mental hair loss mode lol.