Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Ultimately this will come down to the player wanting the move.

I imagine with the players back in for preseason training now, we’ll get a sense of whether this is likely to happen within the next week or so.

Arsenal don’t want to sell and may still keep ESR even if he refuses a new contract as he has 2yrs left on his current deal.

I’m interested about Arsenals selling position.  Publicly they aren’t selling whatever, I wonder if it’s the same privately.  Even some Arsenal fans have questioned whether they should take the money for a player that has played so little…could he be just a Walcott or Oxlade-Chamberlain.  I wonder if their hierarchy are thinking the same.  It would makes more sense when we are just about to bid for a third time and only a small increment when Arsenal have laughed at us previously. Hmmm….

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

The stuff they write about football is just annoyingly biased towards the perceived big clubs. There is plenty of stuff written about BBC bias a lot of it quite dangerous but hey ho. I’m less inclined to be so dismissive of rampant paedophilia. 

I should possibly be disappointed in myself that stuff about football raises my ire, when really I should be more inclined to anger by other much more important issues that the national broadcaster have been and probably still is involved in. 

Boris hasn’t done a number on me but the BBC has clearly pulled the wool over your eyes. 

There is a possibility that Grealish will got to Man City.

I wouldn't shut down the BBC for including it on there website esp as it was a 3 line paragraph in a summary of transfer gossip.

25 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

What are you talking about? We’ve already put two bids in for him.

This is the most legitimate new or linked player thread on the site at the moment 🤣

Certainly more credible than the Tammy & JWP threads…

The third bid is confirmed by absolutely nobody of any credibility yet it’s been circulated so much it now appears to be fact.

41 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The third bid is confirmed by absolutely nobody of any credibility yet it’s been circulated so much it now appears to be fact.

There’s hasn’t been a 3rd bid yet afaik but it is being anticipated…

2 bids have already gone in, it’s worth discussing… and we may well sign the lad.

48 minutes ago, hippo said:

There is a possibility that Grealish will got to Man City.

I wouldn't shut down the BBC for including it on there website esp as it was a 3 line paragraph in a summary of transfer gossip.

Neither would I, mine was a slight over reaction. I stand by everything else though. There are plenty of things to be concerned about with our national broadcaster not least the Saville story. But I’m starting to bore myself now so I’ll shut up and get back to talking  b@ll@cks about football. 

• Like 1

I can never remember an occasion where we have prised away one of the big sixes top young players and that club seemingly being powerless to stop it happening. If this happens it will be huge.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

We shouldn't underestimate the lure of playing with Jack, unless they give him exactly what he wants, he will be ours.

That, and being able to light Gwyneth Paltrow fanny candles with 50 squid notes.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

How much would we be willing to bid? What's the limit do you reckon our owners would stop at to get him?

It’s an interesting question. In my mind, we need an attacking midfielder and a defensive midfielder. We’ve spent 35m and I envisage we have another 50-70m to spend. 

If they rate Smith-Rowe, I can see them going up to 45m for him, leaving a sizeable chunk of change to buy a defensive midfielder. 

I don’t think we’re quite in a position to spend 50m+ on a player. 

17 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I can never remember an occasion where we have prised away one of the big sixes top young players and that club seemingly being powerless to stop it happening. If this happens it will be huge.

They made a loss last year for only the second time this century. I don't see 'powerless' personally, more a massive bid for a kid who doesn't play regularly enough to really know his worth, so let's talk how crazy you wish to go. Be interesting to know the consensus of Arsenal fan opinion on his potential.

45 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

How much would we be willing to bid? What's the limit do you reckon our owners would stop at to get him?

I would speculate we'd be willing to pay a similar fee that we got Buendia for.