Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

44 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When you buy Jack Grealish from Wish.com

interesting watch, he's a strange player to assess.

He looks fairly combative, more than i expected tbh, but he does look like a bit of a Jack style player, quite languid in his style, not fast but seems to be able to keep the ball and has some wonderful intricate passing ability.

If we could get him for 35m i would say yes please!, it does make you wonder what players we could get elsewhere around the world for 35m though, Raphinha was 16m, Soucek was 15m, Eze was 16m, Tielemans was 40m, but yeah, im not against it if we could get him for 35m at all, does make you wonder who else is on our list!

• Like 1

That video doesn't exactly inspire me. Got knocked down a lot, made some simple passes and ran around with the ball looking like he didn't know what to do with it. I'm sure he is better than that but that video didn't impress me. A bit like watching England Vs Ukraine. Boring football, we constantly passed it backwards or sideways and yet pundits say we played so well. Maybe I'm just too fussy?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

According to the writers season 9 episode 2 is the end of the golden age. 

Started to decline then but was still good until season 12. After that I just pretend it doesn't exist. Simpsons at its best is still nothing on Futurama.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

That video doesn't exactly inspire me. Got knocked down a lot, made some simple passes and ran around with the ball looking like he didn't know what to do with it. I'm sure he is better than that but that video didn't impress me. A bit like watching England Vs Ukraine. Boring football, we constantly passed it backwards or sideways and yet pundits say we played so well. Maybe I'm just too fussy?

Agreed. He would have to be a lot better than he shows on that video, which presumably is his `best bits', to warrant the sort of money being bandied about to get him.

We have bid twice or three times.We are now so organised that not one bid would of gone in if the professional outflit running the show thought there was no chance.No way would these guys be wasting there time on things like this if they had any inkling that there was no chance or they could be used by the agents to boost his position.Villa are now a different animal to what we have suffered for decades.Its absolutely on and Arsenal will sell when we match the valuation. The lad will join a huge club on the up with a guaranteed starting position in potentially the most vibrant and exciting front three in the league, Jack Esr Buendia. With Ollie and Tammy rotating. He may be a Arsenal fan but they are **** and he’d be signing his career away there. Totally different comparison to him and Jack being die hard fans of the clubs they play for and leaving etc.. no way would jack stay with us if we were in Arsenals total downward spiral when he could move onto a amazing project. He’s part of it and Esr must feel amazing that he’s privileged to be involved and invited. I fully expect this to happen and totally confident the guys running the show would never waste a minute of there time if there was never a chance of getting things done .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Started to decline then but was still good until season 12. After that I just pretend it doesn't exist. Simpsons at its best is still nothing on Futurama.

Luck of the fryrish is the greatest single cartoon episode ever made 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Ok, thanks. I know he got games for Arsenal but, as I said in the most crude manner, they are kind of a mess.

But my question remains along the lines of, do you think he’s at that level where he is ready to impact and even win games for us as a regular starter? Can he be that top class CAM for us or are we going to have to be more patient with him and manage his game time and development… will he be used more as cover and rotation instead?

I think he's an incredibly talented player. If this was 2010-14 era where England had pretty mediocre forward options outside of Rooney then he'd have made the euros squad.

Said elsewhere I'd be more excited by his signing than Buendia.

Easy to make Grealish comparisons wih socks rolled down but way he glides around the turf and controls the ball effortlessly is very similar. And he's only 20 while Jack is nearly 26 so pretty similar level to what Jack was at that age.

Would be very happy if we pull this off and think there's a good chance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When you buy Jack Grealish from Wish.com

if this is arsenals best young talent then based on this their decline has been more severe than i thought

or i've been watching jack too much and everyone else looks crap in comparisson...

Just now, tomav84 said:

if this is arsenals best young talent then based on this their decline has been more severe than i thought

or i've been watching jack too much and everyone else looks crap in comparisson...

I can assure you that it is the latter…

I think most people would say that their best young talent is Saka.

We just have an opportunity to take advantage of here…with his contract issue. Pouncing like the lion we are 😆

23 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

My understanding was Simpson's went downhill after some writers left to join King of the Hill

Now that's a show you can really hang your hat on. Wholesome, hilarious, yet understated. Class. 

"That's my purse, I don't know you!" 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Confused Britney Spears GIF

Buendia is good of course but mid 20s, cut from Argentina copa america squad and still relatively unproven in top league so let's not get carried away. We've been stung in the past by signing good players from relegated teams, Curcic, N'zogbia, Alan Thompson etc. He'll be better than them I'm sure but that's why I'm a little cautious.

Traore was signed last summer with a far bigger impact on european football than Buendia and he's been hit and miss so far so I simply don't see Buendia on his own transforming us into top 6 team.

Smith Rowe however has huge potential and thought of him and Jack in same team gliding with the ball is very exciting prospect.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think he's an incredibly talented player. If this was 2010-14 era where England had pretty mediocre forward options outside of Rooney then he'd have made the euros squad.

Said elsewhere I'd be more excited by his signing than Buendia.

Easy to make Grealish comparisons wih socks rolled down but way he glides around the turf and controls the ball effortlessly is very similar. And he's only 20 while Jack is nearly 26 so pretty similar level to what Jack was at that age.

Would be very happy if we pull this off and think there's a good chance.

I don’t see Jack or Jack’s style in him tbh, maybe as he develops more…

It’s your opinion and that’s fine but Buendia is a very exciting signing. His ability and stats are exceptional, he will make a big impact and possibly transform/elevate our team. He is a creative monster… could/should become a genuine star and one of the top players in the league. He needed a move and to play for a better side with better players, we are giving him that platform to shine now…

I think the main focus or appeal of ESR is potential rather than existing talent/ability - he doesn’t compare to Emi in that sense and potential is not always realised (but hopefully will be if we sign him 😆).

Not saying he wouldn’t make an impact but he is not on Buendia’s level and may never be…