Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

I reckon 35 might be the magic number

Edit: + add ons 

I love adds on because we only pay if ESR is being successful, which obviously means we are benefitting in theory.

3 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

want him at villa but think we wil be waiting all window and end up with what we got

I think we are doing things early that if soon we aren’t getting anywhere we’ll move onto other targets.  Our team are too savvy.

• Like 2

I really really want him but it does scares me. 35m for someone with 20 odd appearances for Arsenal while being our most expensive transfer. 

Buendia at 33m has experience and stats and performances to back it up. Ollie Watkins @ 32m was top goal scorer in the Championship. 

Obviously I trust our recruitment but for 35m you could get some very good players. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I really really want him but it does scares me. 35m for someone with 20 odd appearances for Arsenal while being our most expensive transfer. 

Buendia at 33m has experience and stats and performances to back it up. Ollie Watkins @ 32m was top goal scorer in the Championship. 

Obviously I trust our recruitment but for 35m you could get some very good players. 

i wouldnt worry, if they wanna spend 30-40m on a 20 year old i dont see any reason not to support it, i have more faith in how the club is run now that any time over the last.....20 odd years.

would rather than than spunking 20m odd on a 30 year old washed up gravy train player.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I was scared with Ollie because despite his experience it wasn’t at PL level.  I am worried about ESR because lack of experience but we might feel some comfort that we’ve seen him mixed it at PL and not look out of place but look quality in fact.  Not a great sample size but at least we’ve seen him at this level.  Always a risk though but like you I really want him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

If we had paid £35m for Bellingham after 1 season in the championship...

£35m for Smith-Rowe is an absolute bargain.

• Like 2

We're paying for the potential. He was very very good in those 20 appearances, and can only get better. If he makes his England debut with us (very likely), that fee automatically doubles. 35m is a bargain. Don't even think Arsenal would accept that. They'd be mad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I assume he doesn't mean players plural for 35m but a single purchase

Either way, player or players in this day and age, this is generally the rate for promising, decent players nowadays.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Either way, player or players in this day and age, this is generally the rate for promising, decent players nowadays.

You’re right Andy. That was probably the kind of money that Chelsea would have wanted for Barkley. I know who I’d prefer. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Thug said:

If we had paid £35m for Bellingham after 1 season in the championship...

£35m for Smith-Rowe is an absolute bargain.

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

We're paying for the potential. He was very very good in those 20 appearances, and can only get better. If he makes his England debut with us (very likely), that fee automatically doubles. 35m is a bargain. Don't even think Arsenal would accept that. They'd be mad.

Why are we suddenly talking as if this is happening? Has there been an update I’ve missed? 

I would love us to pull this one off (awaits KW gif) but think eventually he will sign an improved contract at Arsenal, who'd be crazy to let him go (to us) IMO. 

Not seen massive amounts of him but what I have seen I have been very impressed, reminds me of a poor man's Jack (no shame in that) with his style of play, natural ability, the way he glides past players, comfortable on the ball, socks down etc..

Lots of potential and would be a massive coup to take him from the gunners.  I think him or David Brooks (possibly a cheaper option) would fit in really well amongst this group of players! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I would love us to pull this one off (awaits KW gif) but think eventually he will sign an improved contract at Arsenal, who'd be crazy to let him go (to us) IMO. 

Not seen massive amounts of him but what I have seen I have been very impressed, reminds me of a poor man's Jack (no shame in that) with his style of play, natural ability, the way he glides past players, comfortable on the ball, socks down etc..

Lots of potential and would be a massive coup to take him from the gunners.  I think him or David Brooks (possibly a cheaper option) would fit in really well amongst this group of players! 

Your wish……..  

image.jpeg.8bf48e86b8073766ca14b760c967744b.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

He won't be allowed to leave for under 70 million

They better cough up 80-150k a week for his new contract then or he ain't signing one.

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Why are we suddenly talking as if this is happening? Has there been an update I’ve missed? 

It's not definitely happening but we've bid twice for him. It's about as concrete of a link as you'd get, in terms of our interest at least. It's up to Arsenal whether they'd sell.

How many times have we said 'if only we could have a team of Jacks'. This kid is as close to Jack as we are likely to find. 

He's going to be expensive. But if we pull it off and he turns out to be even half as good as Jack he's worth £50-60m.

If we sign him, it's a bloody good signing. It'll be like having Jack on the left and a younger Jack in the 10. Both of them linking up with Argentinian Jack (I jest) on the left and all of them making chances for Ollie to put away.

Pay whatever it takes. It'll be worth it. No matter how unlikely, we shouldn't be debating this, it's a no brainer. If he's willing to sign and there's a number Arsenal will accept, it's probably going to be worth it in the long run.

I think as challenging it is, we might a good chance. If the player fully refused then we wouldn’t bid couple of times. Getting him would mean a lot and will be a huge statement to all teams.