Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

18 minutes ago, useless said:

There's no way that Buendia is a bigger signing than Smith Rowe, Buendia was for sale and we were the only ones that were seriously in for him and he spent last season in the championship, that's not to say I think he's a bad signing or even that I think Smith Rowe would be a better signing than Buendia, but Smith Rowe would be a bigger sign of how we're growing in stature as a club and one that would make others take notice of us more than any other signing, certainly more than Buendia, he'd probably cost a lot more as well.

What are you mad, Buendia of course would be more of a bigger signing that ESR.

Only way this has big written all over it for ESR is because of how desperate Arsenal are to keep a hold of him and how pissed off there fans are for us even approaching for him at all.

He's a good player ESR is but let's face it he can't be that big or massive a player if Arsenal haven't been giving him game time regular.

He will cost more and that's because Arsenal know we're taking the Mick and trying to destabilise them.

• Like 1

What's funny is every Villa supporter has been through enough of these drawn out transfer saga to see all the signs. 

At this point you have to arrive to the conclusion that either Arsenal are unwilling to meet his salary demands or he just refuses to sign. Toss in we are the only club bidding and it makes you think he has already picked his new destination it's now just a matter of us meeting Arsenal's price.  

TBF I don't think our club plays games like trying to destabilise other clubs. That's very small time. We're bidding for him because we want him.

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 3

I’m with useless, not for the first time in my life. Signing a 20 year old regular starter from Arsenal, despite a seeming unwillingness to sell and the lad himself being an Arsenal fan, would mark such a big shift in perception and reality that I actually think it would be a bigger than signing Stan all those years back. 

I’m not sure I can think of an equivalent in the modern era, to be honest. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RichiBoi11 said:

TBF I don't think our club plays games like trying to destabilise other lcubs. That's very small time. We're bidding for him because we want him.

Correct. We're bidding because we want him and think he's open to coming.

And we're waving our big thug junk everywhere because we have money to spend when not many others do.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

He's a good player ESR is but let's face it he can't be that big or massive a player if Arsenal haven't been giving him game time regular.

He will cost more and that's because Arsenal know we're taking the Mick and trying to destabilise them.

Don't fall for the fallacy that we're doing this purely to destabilize Arsenal please. 

We are a well run and respected club in the market now. We are doing this because the player is our no.1 target and we have a genuine reason to pursue. 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Don't fall for the fallacy that we're doing this purely to destabilize Arsenal please. 

We are a well run and respected club in the market now. We are doing this because the player is our no.1 target and we have a genuine reason to pursue. 

But admit it, the destabilising is fun as a bonus extra 

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

But admit it, the destabilising is fun as a bonus extra 

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

Oh god yes, I hope there are weeks of toxic, hate fulled expletive driven AFTV video's of their fans losing their minds over "little villa" going after their academy product. "Blud ow fkin DARE dey blud, lyke fkin Villa? wassgoingonmayte blud"...

But it isn't the primary driver for us bidding for ESR that many seem to think it is. 

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I’m with useless, not for the first time in my life. Signing a 20 year old regular starter from Arsenal, despite a seeming unwillingness to sell and the lad himself being an Arsenal fan, would mark such a big shift in perception and reality that I actually think it would be a bigger than signing Stan all those years back. 

I’m not sure I can think of an equivalent in the modern era, to be honest. 

This is the way I see it too. Being on the right side of a deal like this for once would be us laying down a really huge marker. 

22 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

TBF I don't think our club plays games like trying to destabilise other clubs. That's very small time. We're bidding for him because we want him.

I agree.

Save that behaviour for charlatan clubs like Man City

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I never said we were solely doing it just for that, don't put words into my mouth but it is mostly likely be a perk of buying him.

We don't even know if he's a No1 target, were just going by media but the thought that he's a better signing that Buendia is madness, how can he be. Look at what Buendia as a player has done for his previous club to get him on such a low signing fee is absolutely remarkable business.

I'd say Arsenal are going to keep saying no to us, they will keep saying no because they want him to stay, we would be stupid to persist now with trying to sign him. It's not good business keep going back for the lad if all they are doing is driving up the price to the point we may never recover a portion of what we spend bringing him here when we do eventually sell on. We maybe a well run and respected club but to keep pursuing this transfer I believe is waste of time now. 30 mill would of been great business but if we have to go 40 mill or more for him then it's not is it for a player that's mostly been sitting on there sides. Many arsenal fans themselves saying he's not worth that much and only reason they want him to stay is because of how he's Arsenal through and through. They also say how they should just decline and make us pay as much as they can.

I do trust the process though that if we're after him it's becaus he can bring something to Villa. Much like if we bring Tammy or Ali here, there is a reason as to why the men in charge make these signings, because they believe they can be a difference for the club.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

A couple of thoughts about this:

Is Smith-Rowe a CAM? my theory was Buendia would play in that position with Traore on the right and Grealish left side.

Is the Smith-Rowe bid a smokescreen for someone else?

Or is Smith-Rowe a backup to Grealish if the latter has injury problems?

Don't get me wrong, taking Arsenal's young talent would be good business but I just know nothing about Smith-Rowe.

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

A couple of thoughts about this:

Is Smith-Rowe a CAM? my theory was Buendia would play in that position with Traore on the right and Grealish left side.

Is the Smith-Rowe bid a smokescreen for someone else?

Or is Smith-Rowe a backup to Grealish if the latter has injury problems?

Don't get me wrong, taking Arsenal's young talent would be good business but I just know nothing about Smith-Rowe.

Grealish - ESR - Buendia 

Or maybe Jack really is off. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

According to Percy, we want Smith Rowe to play left allowing us to move Jack central.

Would be a better move. We want Jack on the ball as much as possible. Being more unpredictable on whether we'll attack down the left or right will be more successful. As long as ESR, Jack and Buendia don't get in the way of each other as they all love to move inside. 

Arsenal fans are without a doubt coming on here watching and reading your views lol.

Along with stevo the Villan whoever he is and being some kind of friendly face to them and basically saying he likes there club it's well run. I will find out who you are stevo and tell you off for telling them porkies, I've read your posts 🤣