Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

41 minutes ago, bose said:

The reaction to this now on Reddit form Arsenal fans is pure gold. I purely want to sign him because of the meltdown it would cause.

We know this club. There is no way Percy is reporting this if we didn’t think we have a good chance of getting him.

Even more so when the transfer window shuts and jack is still with us because everyone is utterly convinced it means he's off

• Like 1

I hope we pull this off , I was a bit sceptical to begin with thinking signing players like him would stand in the way of a few of our own youngsters like Chukwemeka and Barry but truth be told they need first experience on loan first and even if it takes 3 years for them to break into the squad they’d still only be 20 .

1 minute ago, punkymonkey666 said:

Disable JavaScript. Hey presto.

If you could be arsed to drop me a PM explaining how to do that it would be sweet.. 

A Gen X’er with Boomer IT skills 👍

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

If you could be arsed to drop me a PM explaining how to do that it would be sweet.. 

A Gen X’er with Boomer IT skills 👍

If using Chrome... settings > site settings > Javascript. Disable it.

You'll have to enable it again in order to use other websites though, as most need Javascript to load properly 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Who is Stevo the Villan on arsenal-mania forum winding up Gooners in the Emile Smith-Rowe (Out) thread? Hilarious

He's been on there a few seasons now. Chuckling at his profile pick being Bozzy kung fuing Klinsmann!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Arsenal are financially f***ed. Not sure if £500 million figure includes £150m odd in delayed transfer fees

I swear a smaller club would have been hit with heavy FFP sanctions if they were in a similar situation. Am I tripping or is "debt" not calculated when considering FFP breaches?

• Like 3

FFP is an utter disgrace, designer to keep the rich rich.

Even when these clubs fall foul of the rules they just hire lawyers and get the fines/penalties overturned.

What *would* be financial FAIR play would be every club in the league has the same transfer budget and wage budget, but there’s lots of reasons why that would never happen.

If they want to protect clubs from reckless owners, then they should put rules in place that prevent clubs from being burdened with debt - the debt is the owner’s responsibility, not the clubs.  

That’d stop unchecked overspending, but allow calculated investment.

/rant 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

I really don't understand why we're bothering. I know it's funny with Arsenal fans and everything but there is frankly zero chance we sign ESR.

He will sign a new contract with Arsenal, I'm guessing this is just to try and get more money from them. A waste of time this imo. 

A waste of whose time?

D738537F-C50A-4AF3-B7E2-12BE72D853A1.jpeg

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Arsenal are financially f***ed. Not sure if £500 million figure includes £150m odd in delayed transfer fees

They messed up last season didn't they with how much they spent on signings, the previous year before that they had the Ozil/staff fiasco I believe so you could see or feel how messed up they were.

I think last year they made a massive mistake and gamble spending what they did to still try to regain one of the top positions in the league.

They are a club over spending on high wage players, it's costthem and added and added until they are bloated on high wages and can't spend any transfer money and it's not working no more in football as much as it once did.