Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

Just now, hippo said:

This year's Rashica thread.

I think it will be dealt with a lot quicker. The Rashica transfer went right up to the wire whereas this one will be concluded this week one way or another. (IMO)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What if ESR actually wants TOO much money?

To be fair, I don't think it's good practice to be putting 20 year olds on stupid wages unless they are prodigious types, and even then, you have to be careful.

Yeah I can see why a club like Arsenal would have a certain wage structure, they churn out young players regularly most of whom after showing early promise turn out to be lower PL fodder, so if they suddenly pay ESL £100k a week when he is 20 then it means agents try and hold the club ransom in future years for the next crop of youngsters, most who will end up utter pants like Iwobi rather than ESL or Saka.  Whereas we can just identify Emile as our first choice signing and go all in.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Rosk said:

Why on Earth would Maddison want to come to us when his team has just won the FA Cup and are in Europe?  Come on.  Let's get a grip here.  We are unlikely to attract an Arsenal youngster who has played 40 professional games, and that's a team on a downward spiral.  

If the rumoured fall out with Brenda is true then that's possibly one reason.

We also have every chance of attracting an Arsenal youngster given we are a team on an upward spiral.

3 hours ago, hippo said:

That's a 3 line gossip column. Chill out ! - you want the BBC closed down because they are speculating on Grealish to Man City ????

Jesus Boris has really done a number on you.

I think he makes a valid point on areas outside of football.

On a football front, it's been lazy journalism across the board.

You only have to witness the pundits in the BBC studio during recent England games to see the biased bullshit wankfests that also take place.

@DaveAV1 has a point and you're getting yourself all bent out of shape due to someone else's opinion on a forum.

If Boris has done a number on anyone it would appear to be you given your response.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Can any thread really make those kind of clams? There's been nowhere near the levels of fish punnery in here.

Emile Smith-Roe back to my box

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What if ESR actually wants TOO much money?

To be fair, I don't think it's good practice to be putting 20 year olds on stupid wages unless they are prodigious types, and even then, you have to be careful.

We walk if it's too much and Arsenal pay it :flag:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If the rumoured fall out with Brenda is true then that's possibly one reason.

We also have every chance of attracting an Arsenal youngster given we are a team on an upward spiral.

Just saw the list of Europe's top 20 most valuable clubs yesterday.

Was mental to see how much we have grown and caught up.

We actually aren't even that far away from arsenal anymore.

EDIT: Will need to try and find that list again, was posted on FB.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

If we can get a player of this calibre, you have to give it to our owner's , the money they spent improving training facility , top academy of young talent and everything around the club that no doubt players are taking notice of if they are linked to us

No-one knows how this will end, right now.

Arsenal's hierarchy will be aware of how much face they will lose if he joins us and it's perceived to be on the cheap. They could react by just going nuts.
We clearly want the guy, but not at any price - so there will come a point when we stop pushing, and leave Arsenal with the resulting problems.
There is a genuine rumble of noise around this one, making me feel there is something there - its feels more real than the Grealish noise, but that could be my claret and blue bubble.

Guarantee if he stays there - the **** will score against us next season. 

Imagine being the finance director at Arsenal, seeing a big gaping £500m hole in the books then having a 20 year old with bags of potential but without the name recognition banging on the door asking for an £80k a week over 5 years.

Then Villa rock up with a big sack with “swag” written on it containing £35m in cash and a contract for the kid, as well as a ‘guaranteed’ spot in the first XI next to his hero.

When viewed through the lens of reality, this would hardly be the most surprising transfer in football history, massive statement or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, pete101 said:

If we can get a player of this calibre, you have to give it to our owner's , the money they spent improving training facility , top academy of young talent and everything around the club that no doubt players are taking notice of if they are linked to us

They are all in thats for sure. We’re truly blessed right now