Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

"So Emile, we're going to offer you a new contract, with a whopping two bob extra for you to get some sweets or whatever. Meanwhile, we're offering Johnny Foreigner 300k a week. So... you'll sign it, yeah? When you come back from Rhyl?....Emile?"

"Yeah, sure..."

• Haha 2

Maybe Arsenal are more willing to listen to offers considering the form of Willock when he was at Newcastle. I would imagine they would consider £40m as it gives them quite a few options to fill more important areas in their squad.

7 minutes ago, tinker said:

Arsenal have offered a deal with low wages , his agent has phoned around to see who would offer more and we have offered more, it's now upto Arsenal to get closer to the wage we will pay. If they dont then he leaves on a free next year.

Arsenal cannot win from this situation,  they either pay him a bigger wage or let him go.(his agent is using our interest as leverage) . The fact the Arsenal fans are holding onto this as a show of their loss of power makes it very difficult for Arsenal to stand strong and let him go. £35m is a big fee for a young player.....especially one with an agent who's  a bit of a  player as well. If he does sign for us then it would have to be on a 5 year deal. 

That's the beauty of it. Even if he stays at Arsenal, we've probably made them pay him a wage they're not comfortable with which further increases their wage bill and debt problems. It's a no win situation for them. 
If we lose out on ESR, wouldn't mind us going in for Maddison. Again, even if it's just to push the price up for them! 😅

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Nothing concrete has come out yet, but then the BBC is now reporting on this done deal speculation: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57680702 ("Aston Villa are talking up their chances of keeping midfielder Grealish, 25, but few expect them to succeed. It has been denied by all parties but speculation will not go away that a deal to take Grealish to City is already agreed."). Even if the rumours are a load of rubbish which of course they could be, the media are once again trying to sell him despite us insisting he's not for sale.

My worries probably stem from us selling key players before. I also would have thought we'd be targeting a pacey attacking player (e.g. Doku) if Jack is staying over a more creative one like ESR as none of our forward players (other than Ollie) are particularly rapid and it feels a bit samey. Also don't seem to be being linked with players in any other positions.

Could be completely wrong though and I obviously hope I am, but even if nothing is agreed this will be going on all summer once the Euros are over until he signs a new deal. Seems to be the same every summer and it's tiresome.

That is utterly scandalous reporting by the BBC. I accept that commercial news outlets have to sell papers and clicks. Please tell me what the national broadcaster’s motivation is to peddle this unfounded rubbish?

A broken and corrupt organisation, blinded by celebrity and their ridiculous notions of what they think the public want to hear. It’s mind blowing how out of touch with reality they are. Let’s not forget that they at best hid and at worst facilitated the odious and unthinkable acts of a serial paedophile for decades. How many more have they and are they still hiding and employing? Close it down!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

If we lose out on ESR, wouldn't mind us going in for Maddison. Again, even if it's just to push the price up for them! 😅

I would love Maddison at the Villa.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

It's a fair point, if he comes back and says I want to go to Villa. He won't sign a new deal and then what do Arsenal do? Surely keeping him makes little sense as playing and developing a young player who is going to leave for nothing makes no sense. Using him sparingly while his contract runs down also makes no sense financially.

I still think Arsenal will sit down with him when he's back and convince him to stay and he'll sign a new improved contract offer. 

I just like our ambition here. He probably won't join and we'll move onto the next target in the list

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

I would love Maddison at the Villa.

Let's bid for him if ESR is a no go. He's quality, is mates with Kack and it'd drive Arsrnal fans mental. Probably cost an absolute bomb though 

30 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Does he mean gave Arsenal a verbal agreement re a new contract? If so, that might make things a little less likely as it shows he’d prefer to stay.

Gave an agreement to a contract when nobody was showing any interest in signing him. Is different now with a 3rd bid coming over 30 mil which would probably be a record signing for Aston Villa. Player will say, that contract you offered isn't good enough Arsenal. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Gave an agreement to a contract when nobody was showing any interest in signing him. Is different now with a 3rd bid coming over 30 mil which would probably be a record signing for Aston Villa. Player will say, that contract you offered isn't good enough Arsenal. 

yep

even if we dont speak to the player direct or agree a fee with arsenal his agent will ask villa what wage we're willing to offer, he'll then stick 10% on it and go back to arsenal saying things have changed here's our new number 

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

A verbal agreement isn’t worth the paper it’s written on. 

18 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Let's bid for him if ESR is a no go. He's quality, is mates with Kack and it'd drive Arsrnal fans mental. Probably cost an absolute bomb though 

He befriends feces?

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Nothing concrete has come out yet, but then the BBC is now reporting on this done deal speculation: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57680702 ("Aston Villa are talking up their chances of keeping midfielder Grealish, 25, but few expect them to succeed. It has been denied by all parties but speculation will not go away that a deal to take Grealish to City is already agreed."). Even if the rumours are a load of rubbish which of course they could be, the media are once again trying to sell him despite us insisting he's not for sale.

My worries probably stem from us selling key players before. I also would have thought we'd be targeting a pacey attacking player (e.g. Doku) if Jack is staying over a more creative one like ESR as none of our forward players (other than Ollie) are particularly rapid and it feels a bit samey. Also don't seem to be being linked with players in any other positions.

Could be completely wrong though and I obviously hope I am, but even if nothing is agreed this will be going on all summer once the Euros are over until he signs a new deal. Seems to be the same every summer and it's tiresome.

The BBC link is BS. It's the same reporter who said Grealish was angry that Spurs deal fell through then Grealish brother tweeted to another reporter "No he isn't."

Why on Earth would Maddison want to come to us when his team has just won the FA Cup and are in Europe?  Come on.  Let's get a grip here.  We are unlikely to attract an Arsenal youngster who has played 40 professional games, and that's a team on a downward spiral.